aberdeen-music

Football manager 2012

The Milner

Have you played the demo?

Of course i got it as soon as it was released, i think its fantastic, a bit cluttered but hopefully they fix that up a bit, but the new tone system is great, and the the team meetings and stuff have been needed for a while. Im just looking forward to another 30 years in charge of the dons :D

Have you tried it out?

I'm still playing FM09, but I might delve into FM12, as it's about time. Will missing FM11 affect my understanding of the match engine at all, or is it similar to FM09/10?

Nah not hugely, its still the same ME as such, just with modifications and changes over the years, there will little things you would have gotten away with in 09 you wont now, but largely it still works in the same way.

• Upvote 1

Nah not hugely, its still the same ME as such, just with modifications and changes over the years, there will little things you would have gotten away with in 09 you wont now, but largely it still works in the same way.

FM12 constitutes my Christmas list then. Is it still stupidly easy to score 40+ goals a season from corners? I kind of hope it isn't.

FM12 constitutes my Christmas list then. Is it still stupidly easy to score 40+ goals a season from corners? I kind of hope it isn't.

You can still get your center backs to score heaps, but you have to set things up in a certain way, i wont tell you how to do it because it takes the fun out of it really, i know but i intentionally set mines up in a way so i never take advantage of it.

One thing to note tho, you need Steam to play FM this year, you cant just install from disk and your good to go, you need to download Steam to authenticate the game and you need to play the game through Steam at all times. Dunno if that would put you off or not there has been a big hoo ha on the SIGames forums because of this.

You can still get your center backs to score heaps, but you have to set things up in a certain way, i wont tell you how to do it because it takes the fun out of it really, i know but i intentionally set mines up in a way so i never take advantage of it.

One thing to note tho, you need Steam to play FM this year, you cant just install from disk and your good to go, you need to download Steam to authenticate the game and you need to play the game through Steam at all times. Dunno if that would put you off or not there has been a big hoo ha on the SIGames forums because of this.

Fuck, that's me out then. I'm not interested in Steam at all and i'm not downloading it.

not that i want to get into another steam debate, but they have greatly improved steam over the past 2 years, and a recent update has greatly stabilised the offline mode but its obviously up to everyone what they install or not.

I just want to play a game that i bought from the DVD i bought it on. Imagine you couldn't listen to a CD unless you logged into a website first. Pointless