aberdeen-music

The Walking Dead

Gypsum_Fantastic

I know it wasn't but that's what I didn't like and it was a nice group just the guvnor wasn't, there is that really nice group in season 1 which I just finished, to be fIr he was pretty horrible in the mid season finale and I've not read the comics yet I never knew there were any comics out and I've yet to play the game also

The comic books came out before the TV show.

Contains spoilers from season 3 and 4!

Not all the Woodsbury residents were nice. Remember most of them were killed after attacking the group in the prison, killing Axel and then pussying out. The ones that ended up joining Rick's group were the ones who stayed behind during the first attack. Mainly children and old people. They also helped to torture Glenn and Maggie and we're preparing to kill them just before the Atlanta survivors came and resuced them. They were also pretty happy to watch Daryl and Merle fight to the death in their arena thing as well.

Same as the group that attack the prison in season 4 episode 8. Most of them are willing to kill children in order to take over the prison and were unphased by the governers gruesome decapiation of Hershel. Pretty nice groups eh?

Edited by Flights

I had a discussion with my wife as to how the Guvernor is pretty much the same as Rick, both are forced to react by the situations that they find themselves in and both have done terrible things for whatever justification (looking after their families etc). The key point where that was emphasised in the TV series was the face to face in the barn where it was just the two of them discussing things but if you read the novels as well (along with the comics) you get a better sense that the Guvernor is just a little further down the path of mental instability than Rick due to what happened to him before he got to Woodbury.

Totally agree.

Rick has done some pretty nasty shit to stay alive.

I'm looking forward to how season 4 continues, I wonder if they'll run into Abraham and Co. Going back to Hershels probably isnt an option at this point either. I hate Americans and their mid season breaks!

Abraham is definitely in this season.

• Upvote 1

I had a discussion with my wife as to how the Guvernor is pretty much the same as Rick, both are forced to react by the situations that they find themselves in and both have done terrible things for whatever justification (looking after their families etc). The key point where that was emphasised in the TV series was the face to face in the barn where it was just the two of them discussing things but if you read the novels as well (along with the comics) you get a better sense that the Guvernor is just a little further down the path of mental instability than Rick due to what happened to him before he got to Woodbury.

Yes and no. In the comics, when Michonne shows up...

the governor shackles her up and rapes her for days on end...

I do totally see the gist of the argument though - in order to survive in that environment you need to be able/willing to kill whatever puts you at risk and that could be an innocent child or it could be a hoard of zombies. Both Rick or Guv would kill when they need to but I think Rick would draw the line at torture.

I love this season. Especially the Governor backstory episode - all the stuff he does between Season 3 and his reappearance. It made the character much more 3-dimensional seeing him cultivate new relationships and act selflessly.

Also - holy fuck I did NOT expect all that to happen in this season - I thought it'd be saved for part 2. However, I love the sense of resolution and moving on, letting part 2 (finally) start to move into some of the new stuff that happens in the comics.

xx

well what happens in the comics is ruled out. I don't think he'll shack up with anyone. He'll be all upset over the baby, then someone will try to comfort him, maybe give him a kiss and he'll start freaking out again.

I actually reckon that since the kid has disappeared he's going to lose the stupid, sappy, don't-want-to-be-a-leader shite and start being the badass lone-wolf motherfucker. I don't think he'll shack up - too feart to lose anyone else.

xx

I actually reckon that since the kid has disappeared he's going to lose the stupid, sappy, don't-want-to-be-a-leader shite and start being the badass lone-wolf motherfucker. I don't think he'll shack up - too feart to lose anyone else.

xx

Yeah that's where I'm leaning towards. He'll get stern as fuck. Maybe even get a little stricter with Carl (too scared to lose him). And when someone does make a move, he'll start freaking out because of your reasons.

Yeah that's where I'm leaning towards. He'll get stern as fuck. Maybe even get a little stricter with Carl (too scared to lose him). And when someone does make a move, he'll start freaking out because of your reasons.

spoilers from season 4 episode 8

I think Rick will be forced to put Carl in more dangerous situations now it's just the two of them. Plus Rick's got a slug in his hip/leg so won't be able to protect Carl as much as he would like. 

I'm intrested to see how the 3(?) kids and Tyresse get on. The blonde one seems like a bad ass, Lizzy I think her name is, the one that shot the bloke and Aleshia when they were away to kill Tyresse. 

What groups is there now?

Carl and Rick

Beth and Daryll

Maggie, Sasha and Bob

Tyresse and the kids

Glenn and all the sick folk

Michonne (where the fuck did she go?)

I'm actually excited for it coming back.

Edited by Flights

well what happens in the comics is ruled out. I don't think he'll shack up with anyone. He'll be all upset over the baby, then someone will try to comfort him, maybe give him a kiss and he'll start freaking out again.

xx

Flights, spoiler tags min.

Both Jake and Stroopy mentioned it before me...