aberdeen-music

The Walking Dead

Gypsum_Fantastic

I like the fact they are going in a different direction, definitely. But I don't think it's better than the comics, and since the comics were made first, if you're doing it different, it needs to be better in my opinion.

I got really annoyed that they were toying with

Andrea and Shane. I mean, if you've read the comics

shane should be bloody dead, and Andrea is Dales. But without twins to look after maybe the Andrea and Dale relationship isn't needed. I don't know. I hope they get together though.

• 2 years later...

So what are people's thoughts this far down the line? 

I've read most of the comics, and while they are great, I also love the TV show for what it is.  I almost treat them as entirely seperate, I suppose.

What strikes me about this show is how it's often technically quite shite; with several episodes at a time that can be quite uneventful, gaps in character logic and the more eventful episodes feeling rushed.  However, I am totally captivated by the setting and enamoured with most of the characters.   Not much has to happen in each episode for me to enjoy it for this reason.  I find these sorts of post-apocalyptic worlds fascinating and regularly have dreams, not nightmares, about being in them (and totes badASS, obvz).

Season 4 has definitely been a return to form, as I found Season 3 pt II to be the worst.

I just need to talk about it though.  I feel like I need counselling after most episodes!

So what are people's thoughts this far down the line? 

I've read most of the comics, and while they are great, I also love the TV show for what it is.  I almost treat them as entirely seperate, I suppose.

What strikes me about this show is how it's often technically quite shite; with several episodes at a time that can be quite uneventful, gaps in character logic and the more eventful episodes feeling rushed.  However, I am totally captivated by the setting and enamoured with most of the characters.   Not much has to happen in each episode for me to enjoy it for this reason.  I find these sorts of post-apocalyptic worlds fascinating and regularly have dreams, not nightmares, about being in them (and totes badASS, obvz).

Season 4 has definitely been a return to form, as I found Season 3 pt II to be the worst.

I just need to talk about it though.  I feel like I need counselling after most episodes!

I'm up to date with the comics, which are very similar to the show in the way that not a lot has to happen but I'll still come back for more.

I think I'm 2, maybe 3 episodes behind though. I started the Govenor one and got distracted easily and ended up turning it off. It was just all dark (not mood, lighting) and found it pretty unwatchable for the first 15 minutes.

I've not caught up with this season of

walking dead. I've got them all downloaded but I've been too busy to get stuck into them!

I too share the love for all things post- apocalypse.

Have you seen/read 'The Road'? It's proper good. Grim, but proper good.

The Road is great, it's almost childlike in the way McCarthy wrote it as well.

I'm still as excited about the Walking Dead as I was when it started. I love the TV series, I love the graphic novels, I love the novels, i love the game. It's all good.

• 4 weeks later...

I quite liked the 3rd season. They totally didnt have enough story for the number of episodes they had to make so there was lots of filler. Season 1 was always the strongest IMO but 4 is giving it a helluva run for its money. 

'em zombie feels.

Also anyone played season 2 of the telltales WD game?

Proper good.