aberdeen-music

iOS5

Old Gold

I've had the beta version for a while. It's awesome. the notification system is so much better. The weather app is infinitely better in that you can see it by the hour by dragging down. Accessing the camera from the lock screen and snapping the shutter with the volume button is simple but one of those 'fuck me, that's good' things. Downloading your apps from the cloud is cool too. I've got a bunch of apps I forgot to download from my previous iphone and i know they're just sitting there and I can get them any time. It's a bit embarrasing seeing some of the guff apps i'd downloaded years ago. What else?... Oh when you download a song/podcast from itunes you can see the progress of the download in your ipod library. Again, really simple but effective. Not used newstand or the geo-reminders thing but might at some point.

Im not too sure about this imessage thing, It'll say im sending it as an imessage, then if i go back and look at it, it'll say it was text message.

Otherwise enjoying it, my 3gs seems to be a little more responsive.

That might be because the person you sent to didn't have a data signal at the time. There's an option to not send as a text message if you can't send as imessage. it's in general>messages. That's presuming you sent to someone with ios5 and imessage activated.

I love that you can slide the keyboard down off the screen when you're typing a text. Before if you were typing a long reply that went up to the top of the screen and you wanted to re-read what they had said before, you had to copy and cut all the text out. That was always a pet peeve of mine.

I'd always tap 'edit', then when I read what else I had to reply to, tap cancel and it returned to the text I was typing. I think I'll still have to do that with iOS 5 because when your reply takes up the whole screen, there doesn't seem to be any way of scrolling to the text you're replying to.

Cool story, bro.

It seems nice so far, but little things are annoying me like duplicated calendar events. I did also manage to trick the News Stand into going into my 'shit I'll never use' folder.