aberdeen-music

reggae track

SeaOfEnergy

Guest Tam o' Shantie

i like your reggae samples but the 'dubstep' synth is way out of place and doesn't add anything to the track - also sounds a lot like a preset. I would suggest filtering it right down or just playing a sine/sawtooth wave instead. are you into King Midas Sound?

fair enough man, ive been messing about with putting the 'dubstep' synths through guitar distortion, just trying to do something a bit different is all. Ill try it out with a cleaner synth. cheers for your thoughts by the way , with me being a beginner with this stuff any advice at all helps ! Not sure if ive heard King Midas, i might have , i listen to alot of mixes so sometimes im not aware of who each track actually is... Ill check him/them out.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

King Midas sound is a side-project of The Bug. This track is a fave of mine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0yQkQ-IwwY

Good example of making a sparse/subtle arrangement really hit hard there. The bass is basically just a sine wave as far as I can gather, but the echos etc are really nice and rich. Lots of dubby flavour. Reminds me of when dubstep really did have the dub vibe & 2step flavour, I'm not really a fan of the gnarly/noisy synths that have taken over. Keep it up though dude & keep posting your stuff. I did start a 'Your Electronic Productions' thread so chuck your stuff in there too.