aberdeen-music

Hogmanay at the AECC

french_disko

Ah - I thought that looked a bit on the cheap side. I clicked through a link that had £15 plastered all over it that showed me the line up with a list of pretty impressive bands.

So, in total it's actually £95? It's probably still more for your money than the £40 for the AECC thingy, just because of the fact there are loads of bands on the line up, and a few really good bands, as well as the fact it's right in the middle of Edinburgh.

I still think the main problem with the Aberdeen one is that it's at the AECC which is completely isolated from civilisation which is not what Hogmanay party-goers are looking for.

Sorry never explained that well. The cheap tickets get you access to the street party only. Well they should but the police stopped people getting access a couple of years ago as it was too busy in their opinion.

The more expensive tickets get you into the concert. It also includes the street pass. £43 is the most expensive tickets.

No point going to Edinburgh to freeze your balls off if you don't have tickets to get into the gardens for the music.

Although it's in the middle of Edinburgh loads of folk manage to travel large distances to get there and back.

Anybody checked to see if gig&go is running for this event?

• 4 weeks later...

I was told it wasn't too bad.

A decent turn out and certainly higher than most predicted.

It ended up with The View as headliners when it appeared to be White Lies.

The gig and go buses were still running too.

The people who bought tickets from ticketmaster were sent emails to inform them that they would be refunded the difference between full price and the discounted rate. Not sure if this is a ticketmaster policy as I know they are one of the few who refund all fees if a gig is cancelled.