aberdeen-music

Word 2010

Guest Gladstone

Guest Gladstone

Anyone know anything about Word?

I'm using the 2010 version at work and the problem I'm having with a document is to do with tracked changes.

A guy emailed me a document with tracked changes (which showed up red).

My tracked changes are showing up blue until I hit save (or save as) and once the document is saved, my track change turn red and it looks like all track changes (and comments) have been made by the same person.

The options shows that the tracked changes should be coloured "by author" - no idea what else to try!

Any ideas?

Guest Gladstone

No idea - I don't think that matters though as I saved it as a word 97-2003 version and saved it as a 2010 document and the same thing happened. From a bit of googling, I think I've worked out what the problem is but haven't yet found out how to solve it.

In Word 2003 and earlier' date=' this is the result of Tools | Options | Security:

Remove personal information from file properties on save. There is a similar

setting in Word 2007. [/quote']

If I click on the show markup drop down menu, and then on reviewers it shows only one reviewer "Author" - so there must be somewhere I need to add a reviewer or undo that option above. Problem is, there is no tools/option/security tab to be found anywhere in 2010!

Guest Gladstone
could it be that your word is set with defualt user details, as was the previous users so you are both editing as "registered user" or something like that?

If you forward me you bank details we can proceed with resolving the issue, Thank you please.

This does seem to be the problem, but I can't work out how to resolve it!

My Word is already personalised so that comments have my initials and hovering over tracked changes show my name. It's just this particular document that when I save it, it reverts to all comments and tracked changes being the same colour and marked as "Author".

In previous word versions I think the name would have came from the registered user of the software, maybe if it is not specified it reverts to "author". In word 97 the details came from the registered licence holder. not sure on the newer versions, the version of 2007 I use picks up my work user name, but it doesn't do it for everyone, some people only aprear as "author" or "registered user". :rockon:

Guest Gladstone

The IT guy finally got back to me and he managed to sort it out pretty quickly.

File --> Options --> Trust Center --> Trust Center Settings --> Privacy Options

Then untick the box that says "Remove personal information from file properties on save"

That was what I was looking for I just couldn't bloody find it!