aberdeen-music

[LABEL] Tuff Wax secure digital distribution through JUNO DOWNLOAD

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Tuff Wax is proud to announce that we have secured digital distribution through one of the world's largest DJ music stores, JUNO DOWNLOAD. Juno will be exclusively handling our digital release while we continue to self-distribute our vinyl to stores in the UK, Ireland, Germany & Japan, as well as our bandcamp shop.

You can now purchase TWX-003 - Aberdeen Truth Vol.1: Lockah on 320kbps MP3 and WAV formats on our Junodownload page below:

banner_buy_our_releases_JD_BW.png

On Monday the 24th of October we will be also releasing Vol.2 of the series featuring 2 tracks of future juke & tripped out tech-crunk from local don Yoin, on ltd orange 7" and digital formats. We have also announced the release party for this one at Snafu on Friday the 21st, check the events forum for details.

www.tuffwaxrecords.com

http://tuffwaxrecords.bandcamp.com

http://www.junodownload.com/labels/Tuff Wax/releases/

You say you've 'secured' digital distribution. What does that actually mean? They get a percentage of each download I presume? Do they do anything to promote the label?

I was thinking it was like, total distribution across iTunes and the like but that'd be far from exclusive. Hmm..

Guest Tam o' Shantie
You say you've 'secured' digital distribution. What does that actually mean? They get a percentage of each download I presume? Do they do anything to promote the label?

Juno and ourselves have signed a joint contract which stipulates the Ts & Cs of them selling our music on their store - the money from each sale is split between them, us and artist royalties.

Juno also considers all releases for features and so forth but exclusive releases are generally considered first so fingers crossed this will bring us some more exposure too.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
I was thinking it was like, total distribution across iTunes and the like but that'd be far from exclusive. Hmm..

Nope, you can pay for that sort of thing but we were looking for a bit more from a deal than simply 'available on iTunes' as our vinyl is already available on the Bandcamp page if people want to purchase online. A site like Junodownload which is favoured by DJs and so forth who are more likely to be 'browsing' is what we were looking for.

Nope, you can pay for that sort of thing but we were looking for a bit more from a deal than simply 'available on iTunes' as our vinyl is already available on the Bandcamp page if people want to purchase online. A site like Junodownload which is favoured by DJs and so forth who are more likely to be 'browsing' is what we were looking for.

Ahh, so it's mostly for the exposure! That explains it. Well done, by the way! :)

we have a few close ties to the Vitamins crew, as well as the I Hate Fun blog, Subcity radio, etc. Glad to hear folk are repping down there!

I used to have a show on Subcity. Tore that shit up. I think some of my uni mates are involved with the Vitamins stuff too - Shaun Murphy, wee cheesy, etc

Good to see things taking shape tho!

Guest Tam o' Shantie
I used to have a show on Subcity. Tore that shit up. I think some of my uni mates are involved with the Vitamins stuff too - Shaun Murphy, wee cheesy, etc

Good to see things taking shape tho!

If it's the same Shaun, him and Sam are presenting this show on Wednesday ahead of their show #6 this weekend with Lunice live. The schedule also includes forthcoming material from myself, Fatima & Floating Points, Arp101 and KRTS, plus an exclusive mix/interview with Boabinga

http://www.subcity.org/shows/vitamins/c5e0b/

• 2 weeks later...