aberdeen-music

Is it too early for an "albums for 2012" thread?

girl anachronism

The kings of instrumental rock, LITE, have a new EP coming out in four days.

This is the first song. I'm stupidly, stupidly excited to hear the rest of it. The last twenty seconds in particular of this song are just ridiculous. If you like your music to be as silly as possible, then this song/band/album are for you.

I had no idea this was out! Getting purchased ASAP. Phantasia is one of my favourite instrumental albums but I found the last EP and album to be very dull. Thankfully not a synth in sight! Is the rest of the EP like that?

Need to start saving pennies. 5 albums being released over the next 6 weeks that are must buys.

There's not been as many good albums this year as there were at this point last year, but the ones that have been good have all been incredible (what a terribly constructed sentence).

Put Your Back In 2 It by Perfume Genius, Young Man in America by Anais Mitchell and Always by Xiu Xiu are all 9/10s, especially happy about that Xiu Xiu record after a few slightly less interesting ones.

Lex from Johnny Foreigner's solo EP as Yr Friends is also really great, and the new albums from Springsteen, Cloud Nothings and The Men have all been good.

Anticipating now that the new Future of the Left record will be my AOTY. Hope I'm right.

For no reason other than to put off things I should be doing right now, here's a list of my top 2012 albums so far...

Sharon Van Etten - Tramp

Yes. I'd never heard of her until this year, but this is up there with the best records of 2012 so far for me. How does it compare with her first two? I've been meaning to get my hands on them.

Yes. I'd never heard of her until this year, but this is up there with the best records of 2012 so far for me. How does it compare with her first two? I've been meaning to get my hands on them.

Epic, her second album, is abolutely fantastic. One of the best records I've heard in years. Definitely hunt it out!

• Upvote 1