aberdeen-music

Is it too early for an "albums for 2012" thread?

girl anachronism

I meant more that they "made themselves known" more than 30 years ago. Plus they've had plenty alt-rock in the past so it's not that odd a pairing with Future of the Left. They've released a pretty eclectic range.

I'm glad somebody made pointed that out. Fuck me, it's the equivalent of thinking Warning was Green Day's first album.

I meant more that they "made themselves known" more than 30 years ago. Plus they've had plenty alt-rock in the past so it's not that odd a pairing with Future of the Left. They've released a pretty eclectic range.
I'm glad somebody made pointed that out. Fuck me, it's the equivalent of thinking Warning was Green Day's first album.

Goodness, my apologies for the choice of wording then! Christ's sake, get outta my throat.

Nah, if it hadn't been for the fact that you sidestepped the Pixies entire career with your initial post it would've slipped right past me.

Considering all of the Pixies' albums were released while I was still a sperm cell, I think you might be able to excuse me for not knowing their history. Plus, I'm not exactly a big fan.

Considering all of the Pixies' albums were released while I was still a sperm cell, I think you might be able to excuse me for not knowing their history. Plus, I'm not exactly a big fan.

As surfa_rosa said it was just the matter of fact way that you posted like 4AD hadn't been responsible for anything of note until Bon Iver appeared. I find personally that if something i like is on a particular label i'd look into other acts on that label and their back catalogue to see if there was anything of interest. I guess that would at least make me aware of who was on a label to an extent. If you don't do that currently it's worth a punt 'cause you can unearth some total gems (i don't mean to sound patronising with that at all by the way).

• Upvote 1

Apologies for coming across snappy, the matter of fact-ness just threw me a bit

No bother, 'twas my idiocy

As surfa_rosa said it was just the matter of fact way that you posted like 4AD hadn't been responsible for anything of note until Bon Iver appeared. I find personally that if something i like is on a particular label i'd look into other acts on that label and their back catalogue to see if there was anything of interest. I guess that would at least make me aware of who was on a label to an extent. If you don't do that currently it's worth a punt 'cause you can unearth some total gems (i don't mean to sound patronising with that at all by the way).

I don't, so you don't sound patronising. It's perhaps worth a shout, even if it's rendered a little moot these days given that a lot of bands are on massive labels covering hundreds of artists. But yeah, I keep up with Wichita's happenings thanks to Los Campesinos being with them so that's probably a start.

I think that you need to sort this out!

I'll admit that my lack of being a fan is due to not hearing a lot of their work. I do absolutely love "Debaser", but obviously not enough to listen to much else.