aberdeen-music

Cheaps Laptop repair in aberdeen?!

EilidhlovesA7X

When I dropped my external hard drive, I called my department explained that this would be the reason why my essay would be late, and they told me to take it to the technical support team at Edward Wright. The guys were absolute dolls, and managed to recover everything and get the hard drive working again. I got them a massive tin of sweeties as a thank you, and they refused any other form of payment (the surprise of chocolate was enough apparently).

If you want cheap definitely do not go to North East Peripherals! I got a £250 bill for repairing my laptop a few years back when I know for a fact the part cost a third of that. £170 for just over an hours work is steep even by computer repair standards.

Definitely try uni/college support first or find a friend who is in to computers!

jamie, try Knights Computers on Rosemount Place, 5 mins away from yours, Graeme will sure to have a look at it and an estimate the repairs for you. Very nice guy and posts on here. I'm sure his price to repair won't break the bank, that is if the motherboard doesn't need replaced like an old compaq i did the same to :(

• Upvote 1

jamie, try Knights Computers on Rosemount Place, 5 mins away from yours, Graeme will sure to have a look at it and an estimate the repairs for you. Very nice guy and posts on here. I'm sure his price to repair won't break the bank, that is if the motherboard doesn't need replaced like an old compaq i did the same to :(

It was 3 years ago..... In fairness the repair job has lasted and my laptop is still working now despite being 4 years old and slower than a comatose tortoise. The price was still pretty outrageous. My figures may be a bit out of date but I was under the impression the callout charge for computer repair was something like £80-£100 / hour...