aberdeen-music

The worst Aberdeen band...

Guest Sundaram

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure there are plenty of bands that fall under this catagory for me, but only a few come to mind at the moment, being:

The Diuretics

Reap

like i say there's prolly heaps more but those 2 are the only ones that stick out because i had to leave a venue half way through the set.

Guest highroller
Bollocks' date=' all the widdly solos and technical breakdowns in the world won't save a band if they have no songs. Conversely, a band might be a bit rough around the edges and have great songs. Being good isn't just about being able to play like a guitar (or whatever) hero.[/quote']

you dont think i know that?? Jesus.

Guest highroller
MMw - but only because jamsey said he didnt like us ( we all know this is how the Aberdeen music scene works)

arf.

haha very true man...in most cases it is.

*looks off in another direction*

Guest Sundaram
I agree with you entirely' date=' but I don't agree with the idea that because a band is technically proficient, they can't be absolutely awful (not an opinion that you're expressing). I've seen far too many good guitarists playing in terrible sub-funk indie bands than is good for anyone's soul...[/quote']

What I mean is, at least when you see a shit band that are technically very good, you can at least marvel at that side of things, but when you see/hear a band who are technically not very good and play shit music/songs, well you have nothing!

I dont like Steve Vai for instance, but boy can he play that guitar.

What I mean is' date=' at least when you see a shit band that are technically very good, you can at least marvel at that side of things, but when you see/hear a band who are technically not very good and play shit music/songs, well you have nothing!

[/quote']

But usually I don't marvel at it, I just despair at people who could do so much better. And when I see/hear a band who are technically not very good and play shit music/songs, I do have something. Superiority! Ha! And also the ability to walk up to the stage and turn the power off. Before running away like a girlie-man (to put it in Arnie speak).

emma forman

REAP

soul doubt

apraxia

emma forman

lady mercedes

star

i whole heartedly disagree with you ,

i think emma is one of the top singer songwriters in aberdeen.

oh fuck off

if you cant take a comment from others i really don'k think you should make comments about other people.,

and i dont see why you have to use that kind of launguage.

this is a discussion page no need to start swearing like little kids.

Echomind - Started off interesting with a crazy noise intro' date=' then went mind numbingly boring.

[/quote']

yes i agree. all obviously music students but i think the singer spent a little too long trying to sound just like jeff buckley and therefore never managed to develop his own sound. i got bored really quickly.

[edit] actually i was thinking of stanley. echomind were just shit throughout. stanley tried hard to be interesting but just bored me to tears after the first song and i began trying to will them with my mind manipulation skills to just stop playing for the love of god and get offstage. but they must have been able to block my mind tricks, possibly with their dull music and i was unsuccessful.[/edit]

i whole heartedly disagree with you ' date='

i think emma is one of the top singer songwriters in aberdeen.[/quote']

nah i agree with maxi. i think emma forman is pretty bland and i don't find her voice to be anything special especially when you think of other singer songwriters like catherine and amy sawyers and fiona keenan.

There aren't many bands from Aberdeen that I think are shit...

Apart from GirlSaidNo...

Most of the bands I could say I don't like, I only don't like them because their style of music isn't what I enjoy, but Aberdeen has one of the most diverse local scenes I have seen.

Oh, and someone said earlier that Diablo were as good as having your balls clamped between 2 bricks... Does that mean that there's some freak somewhere with his nuts between a couple of breeze blocks getting off to our songs? I'd like to think so... :up:

Everyone seems to have vastly different ideas of what is good and what is crap. To be honest I'm pretty offened u guys rate as the WORST but guess that is the price you pay if you want to be a singer. ...and when will u be next performing Mel...I'll come and give u an honest opinon of ur voice. Its only fair afterall

nah i agree with maxi. i think emma forman is pretty bland and i don't find her voice to be anything special especially when you think of other singer songwriters like catherine and amy sawyers and fiona keenan.

i disagree,

her voice has depth, and actually moves up and down not a monotone singer....

Everyone seems to have vastly different ideas of what is good and what is crap. To be honest I'm pretty offened u guys rate as the WORST but guess that is the price you pay if you want to be a singer. ...and when will u be next performing Mel...I'll come and give u an honest opion of ur voice. Its only fair afterall

i didn't actually rate you as the worst, was just agreeing with maxi that i didn't find your style particularly interesting.

i'll be singing at some point in september or october at drake's open mic night with james of radio lucifer/deadloss/tar fame on guitar. i'll let you know ahead of time when we're gonna do it, and you can come rate my voice if you like.