aberdeen-music

The worst Aberdeen band...

Guest Sundaram

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sundaram
A message to Stuart Maxwell; why dont you actually learn to play an instrument yourself before you slag other bands off.You make me laugh dude.

Well actually Brett, I think Stuart plays guitar very well, so ney!!! :p

A message to Stuart Maxwell; why dont you actually learn to play an instrument yourself before you slag other bands off.You make me laugh dude.

It doesn't specify in this thread that you must be a musician to give your opinion you idiot. And i think the Needles suck big time.

Guest RomanChoke

Yeah I quite liked Orwell when they were around too. I was also impressed by My Minds Weapon when I saw them. I cant say the same about they're EP but I'd see them again.

Terrible bands:

Black Atom

Hotmangu

Flight 19

Point of Origon

Quik

Ok' date=' there are threads for the best blah blah blah, what about the worst possible Aberdeen band:

I think some members of Gilman Street would have to be in it lol.

[/quote']

haha sound, care to elaborate so i can chuckle at whoever he/they are? ( or hang my head in shame as the rest of the guys take the piss out of me)

anyways, worst aberdeen band for me, broken sunshine possibly?

Guest Sundaram
haha sound' date=' care to elaborate so i can chuckle at whoever he/they are? ( or hang my head in shame as the rest of the guys take the piss out of me)

anyways, worst aberdeen band for me, broken sunshine possibly?[/quote']

Ok, Leckie and your good self :p

Guest WalkingOnGlass

Some of the views on here are simply ludicrous, for me, there's a big difference between not liking a band personally, and a band actually being shite....But anyways, here's my 2 cents..

Within These Walls

Solinus

The Diuretics

The No Pints

The Rebel Jellybeans

Uhm, yeah..

If it was more of a personal opinion thing, then I'd have to say..

Pschyo-A-Go-Go (With the exception of 'Hot Dang'..)

The Hexagonal Pensioners

Residue

Sidca

Solinus

I love how we still come up in these types of threads.

You just didn't understand us. It's a shame, you could have been the best groupie. For shame.

Guest Sundaram
Some of the views on here are simply ludicrous' date=' for me, there's a big difference between not liking a band personally, and a band actually being shite....[/quote']

Yeh, another thing is when people take it to heart if someone thinks their band are less than fantastic. I dislike a few bands, but still like the people who play in them and vice versa and so on.

Guest highroller

yeah but the thing is jamesy was saying is that there are some bands that you just cant say are shite...when they are obviously a good band. Then there are bands that just arent good even average musicians and shouldnt play in a band...peopel that actually cant play...on their own or with others or both.

I disagree with some of jamesy choices for bands he just says are shit but agree with some...then he said his personal choices which means that he knows they arent actually shit...just to his ears they are...you see the point :)

Guest Sundaram
yeah but the thing is jamesy was saying is that there are some bands that you just cant say are shite...when they are obviously a good band. Then there are bands that just arent good even average musicians and shouldnt play in a band...peopel that actually cant play...on their own or with others or both.

I disagree with some of jamesy choices for bands he just says are shit but agree with some...then he said his personal choices which means that he knows they arent actually shit...just to his ears they are...you see the point :)

I hear you baby...

for instance, MMw< (Ha like the small w?) It isn't my thing at all, but seeing/hearing you play live was great, I dont associate the word 'shit' with yer band unless it has 'hot' after it...

Erm , I've lost my place/point!!!

yeah but the thing is jamesy was saying is that there are some bands that you just cant say are shite...

But you CAN say any band suck. The worst bands I've seen have all been technically proficient, but the songs themselves were diabolical, going on and on and on... I'd far rather see a band that aren't as musically fluent, at least it makes it more interesting.

It's like those bastard porcelain dogs that pensioners rabidly collect, they may be really well made, but they still make me want to vomit up my own intestines.

Guest Sundaram
But you CAN say any band suck. The worst bands I've seen have all been technically proficient' date=' but the songs themselves were diabolical, going on and on and on... I'd far rather see a band that aren't as musically fluent, at least it makes it more interesting.

It's like those bastard porcelain dogs that pensioners rabidly collect, they may be really well made, but they still make me want to vomit up my own intestines.[/quote']

But when you get a band that are technically ace and have the tunes, well, it's mind blowingly amazing and totally life changing!

Guest stuartmaxwell
But when you get a band that are technically ace and have the tunes' date=' well, it's mind blowingly amazing and totally life changing![/quote']

as the mars volta proved last november in glasgow

:love:

But when you get a band that are technically ace and have the tunes' date=' well, it's mind blowingly amazing and totally life changing![/quote']

I agree with you entirely, but I don't agree with the idea that because a band is technically proficient, they can't be absolutely awful (not an opinion that you're expressing). I've seen far too many good guitarists playing in terrible sub-funk indie bands than is good for anyone's soul...