The worst Aberdeen band...

Guest Sundaram

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The comments on here have quite upset Emma

She should be laughing rather being upset I reckon

Everytime someone goes to the bother of ripping into a locally based band or performer on here its OBVIOUS that they more than likely have a PERSONAL ANGLE or an AXE to grind and are basically having a dig for reasons NOT related to the music.....just like when praise is heaped on a band......its only their wee mates.....the boreds seem to act like a magnet for local scene wankery

And lets face it, the boreds carry no clout and are dominated by a very dull minority of boxroom losers, living with their mums and dads, with bugger all else to do cos no one wants to fuck or drink with them etc

Whats posted can very occasionally be a laugh, or spark some amusing debates about all sorts of shit - but NO musician should EVER see stuff written here as a barometer of whats really going on - ignore the wankery and get on with enjoying doing what you do

Like everything else on the internet, 99% of it, is shit and irrelevant

Ive known a couple of people who have got quite obsessed with the content of message boreds and its purely because they are over-compensating for something else they are lacking in their lives....repeat after me > ITS NOT REAL!!! ...the hilarious thing about the boreds is when you occasionally meet someone who has persistently shitted you or your band .....they suddenly want to be your pal ....*chortle*....either that or they totally poo themselves without the comfort of a keybored and a screen to hide behind....fuckwits are everywhere unfortunately, especially on message boreds so just let them get on with it

so aye.....ahem.......I certainly dont think anyone should be upset by anything on here

Everytime someone goes to the bother of ripping into a locally based band or performer on here its OBVIOUS that they more than likely have a PERSONAL ANGLE or an AXE to grind and are basically having a dig for reasons NOT related to the music.....just like when praise is heaped on a band......its only their wee mates.....the boreds seem to act like a magnet for local scene wankery

And lets face it' date=' the boreds carry no clout and are dominated by a very dull minority of boxroom losers, living with their mums and dads, with bugger all else to do cos no one wants to fuck or drink with them etc

Whats posted can very occasionally be a laugh, or spark some amusing debates about all sorts of shit - but NO musician should EVER see stuff written here as a barometer of whats really going on - ignore the wankery and get on with enjoying doing what you do

Ive known a couple of people who have got quite obsessed with the content of message boreds and its purely because they are over-compensating for something else they are lacking in their lives....repeat after me > ITS NOT REAL!!! ...the hilarious thing about the boreds is when you occasionally meet someone who has persistently shitted you or your band .....they suddenly want to be your pal ....*chortle*....either that or they totally poo themselves without the comfort of a keybored and a screen to hide behind....fuckwits are everywhere unfortunately, especially on message boreds so just let them get on with it

so aye.....ahem.......I certainly dont think anyone should be upset by anything on here[/quote']

You speak some very wise words there my friend.

Dont take what happens on here seriously at all most of it is utter pish. But still a good laugh sometimes!!!!

well said

You speak some very wise words there my friend.

Dont take what happens on here seriously at all most of it is utter pish. But still a good laugh sometimes!!!!

i second that emotion

well said

Guest The Reverend Z. Munch

And lets face it' date=' the boreds carry no clout and are dominated by a very dull minority of boxroom losers, living with their mums and dads, with bugger all else to do cos no one wants to fuck or drink with them etc

so aye.....ahem.......I certainly dont think anyone should be upset by anything on here[/quote']

No they shouldn't and i think it'll be a sad day for the Aberdeen Pub Busker Music Scene when such serious musicians/singer songwriters as Tommy Dene, Shooglenifty and The Smokin Bert Cooper Band aren't regarded as "artists" by the cynical rabble-rousing loser fuckwits you refer to on these boards when in fact, they're probably more innovative and envelope-pushing than most of the pissclub pop punk acts that saturate our fishing village's muso-pubs.

The hatred and ignorance has to stop...now

I agree wholeheartedly, wholekidneyly, wholekneecaply, wholelarynxly, wholepelvicbonely and wholenostrilly with your passionate comments.

I think we should kill them all with hammers and then revive them again so we can kill them again with hammers and revive them again and burn them on a stake made out of hammers and record their deathcries and play a breakbeat over them and release the executowitchhunto-electronico on a Fudge CD for sale.

I think we should kill them all with hammers and then revive them again so we can kill them again with hammers and revive them again and burn them on a stake made out of hammers and record their deathcries and play a breakbeat over them and release the executowitchhunto-electronico on a Fudge CD for sale.

i'd buy that.

No they shouldn't and i think it'll be a sad day for the Aberdeen Pub Busker Music Scene when such serious musicians/singer songwriters as Tommy Dene' date=' Shooglenifty and The Smokin Bert Cooper Band aren't regarded as "artists" by the cynical rabble-rousing loser fuckwits you refer to on these boards when in fact, they're probably more innovative and envelope-pushing than most of the pissclub pop punk acts that saturate our fishing village's muso-pubs."

[/quote']

Just an ultrapedantic wee point, but Shogglenifty are neither an Aberdeen band, nor "pub buskers", but in fact a hard-working Scottish band, who have released at least five albums. One of their members used to be in Swamptrash...

http://www.shoogle.com/

I pass no comment on Mr Dene, or the flammable Mr Cooper

Regards

Flossie

Just an ultrapedantic wee point, but Shogglenifty are neither an Aberdeen band, nor "pub buskers", but in fact a hard-working Scottish band, who have released at least five albums. One of their members used to be in Swamptrash...

I pass no comment on Mr Dene, or the flammable Mr Cooper

Regards

Flossie

It doesn't matter, Shooglenifty still rule and i think its about time they got the respect they deserve from these boards, in fact they should have their own forum as well...

And the forum should be called Planet Shooo

Oh, and just to make sure that the Aberdeen Pub Busker Music Scene is truly represented on these Aberdeen Pub Busker Music forums....

FUBAR LIVE.....

FRIDAY AT THE ATHENAEUM, UNION STREET, DOORS OPEN 9PM

AND

SATURDAY AT THE GLOBE, NORTH SILVER STREET, DOORS OPEN 9PM

BRING THA MUTHAFUCKIN BUSKARUCKUS!!!

AND

KEEEEEEP THA SCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENE ALIVE!!!!!!

Guest stuartmaxwell
I will not hear a bad word said about Tommy Dene' date=' possibly the smoothest man in aberdeen, who has the pick of any lady he wants.

If i grow up to be like him, i'll be a happy man.[/quote']

mush, mush i tell ye

am on the case for that show!!will be in touch dude

until then make sure you have friday and sat 24/25 off work

guilty!get a new rule book

I will not hear a bad word said about Tommy Dene' date=' possibly the smoothest man in aberdeen, who has the pick of any lady he wants.

If i grow up to be like him, i'll be a happy man.[/quote']

SEA should become his backing band...you'll probably get paid more for playing some perfunctory sleazy jazz cabaret numbers than that other stuff you're playing with Small Enclosed Area....

Hackpen Records should sign up Tommy Dene, he'd make them into a worldwide player like Time Warner single-handed, or single-vocalchorded should i say?

Fuck all this emo pish people are playing nowadays...Tommy Dene would pack Drakes out the fucking door than most of you sorry cunts...and have every lady in the place throwing their knickers at him...

Yeah and most local bands can't even pack out any pub here like he does every single night almost!

I reckon Tommy Dene should have his own forum on these boards...

• 2 years later...