aberdeen-music

The Pop Music Thread

Paranoid Android

This is almost on page 2 so time for a bump. This time with a Ke$ha post!

Hopefully this is more successful than the Nadia Oh one.

I used to assume that K$ was just some rubbish my teenage students might listen to. Then I actually paid attention and listened and most importantly realised that her singles and even her album and EP don't show the whole picture. She has a huge number of tracks and probably most of my favourite songs of hers remain unreleased. perhaps just for the amount of great material she has I'd choose her as my favourite pop artist of the last few years.

This is the song which first really got my attention and made me investigate more. If you listen to just one Ke$ha song, make it this one.

and a few others if you like

My favourite track from her album

And it comes to pass

Don't think there's a thread for pop music at all.

I've considered making one but get worried that it would just end up being me talking to myself about Ke$ha.

ach well one more for good measure, a standout track from the Cannibal EP

But if no one cares let's all just get drunk and sing this together

I've already done that once tonight :oops:

Spotify link? not youtube? madness.

and heather small can fuck off, total bitch.

nae a bad song though.

I was just scrolling down this page and saw this. I'd forgotten about this post. I have no idea why I decided to hate Heather Small that night. I don't think I really have an opinion on her. I must have been drunker than I thought.

I was just scrolling down this page and saw this. I'd forgotten about this post. I have no idea why I decided to hate Heather Small that night. I don't think I really have an opinion on her. I must have been drunker than I thought.

I thought you were being a bit harsh to her :p

Anyway, another spotify link and another tune

Vanessa Carlton – A Thousand Miles

http://www.nme.com/news/cheryl-cole/59703

Oh dear, is there anyway this wont be awful??

No there is not. However I think it would be ace if she did turn out a cracker of an album. It seems impossible for her to shake this 'she was on x factor' thing they go on about in the papers all the time, and I think some decent output from her would stop this and allow my newspaper to be filled with actual news.