aberdeen-music

The Pop Music Thread

Paranoid Android

Some tracks from my favourite pop releases this year (not including florrie / nadia oh, who has had/ will have a big post just about them)

For some reason my favourite Eva & the Heartmaker track isn't on youtube (Find it on my latest spotify mix!) Anyway here's a live performance of a couple of the other best tracks.

I'm kind of struggling to follow the definition of 'pop music' being utilised in this thread but I can't really think of much modern pop music that particularly ineterstes me, other than a foray into investigating Lady Gaga's first album when I picked it up cheap. OK, but potty mouth! Any young lasses buying that are corrupted! I bought a Sugababes 'best of' cheap too, like a few of their songs 'Overload' in particular being a canny tune.

The early 80's was a good time for pop music but that's probably just because I'm more aware of things from that era, at that stage in life all my music awareness was informed by TotP etc, not much other choice. I never listen to the radio at all so I'm pretty much clueless about current music.

Duran Duran, Adam and the Ants, Madness, early The Police all remain faves from ye olden times...

Or you could explain why the thread got "clever"...
I'm kind of struggling to follow the definition of 'pop music' being utilised in this thread

I think that really cuts to the heart of it.

Given a thread to talk about pop music we started off with a few Kylie tracks but from there things became (for the most part) more obscure and ridiculous because of it. I don't really see how most of these tracks fit into the definition of "closet pop."

This thread became super pretentious and wanky really fast.