aberdeen-music

The Pop Music Thread

Paranoid Android

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Charli XCX album is streaming on pitchfork. http://pitchfork.com/advance/71-true-romance/

I've only listened once and it's only April but I think there's a very good chance this will be my pop album of the year. 

The first track is especially great.

My computer doesn't like Pitchfork but I shall check this out tonight.

What do you think of Pitbulls new effort? I almost cried when I first heard it. Awful stuff.

I didn't get a chance to listen to charlixcx as my washing machine died a loud and spluttery death last night and I spent most of my evening cleaning the water outta my utility room. ROCK N ROLL.

I'll get stuck into it tonight though.

Disappointing news about my favourite B&Q employee/pop star. I'll have to check it out. There was some cracking 90's chart dance tunes though!

Indeed there was, there are plenty that I love. That's why I sadly had to specify that it sounds like a bad one. You wouldn't have caught Corona releasing this shite  :swearing:

I listened to the charli xcx another couple of times yesterday, it's really great.

Edited by Paranoid Android

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That song always sounded like a big radio hit, surprising it took so long really. Think they're finally getting an album released outside Sweden soon too. 

And Flights did you ever listen to this album?

Doesn't feel like I've liked as many pop albums from this year as the last couple, but the Charlixcx being so good has gone along way to making up for it.