aberdeen-music

The Pop Music Thread

Paranoid Android

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah I'm surprised they didn't at least get another single or two out. I'm not really sure they ever had much support from their record company.

At least Nadia can't be dropped because she doesn't have one! Not really anyway.

No idea what she's been up to. She often mentions on facebook that she's in the studio but she hasn't released anything new since Slapper early in the year. Still Colours only came out last year and there were a few other tracks she put out afterwards up until Slapper. So I'm not worried about her. Anyway I've got about 30 songs from her, I only got 4 from Oh My!

It only cost 10 euros to get in and that included a drink. But I offered to pay for one of my friends as well. Didn't want to go alone and no one likes her :(

Then inside I was a bit drunk and bought us some pricey drinks.

After that we then went to meet other mates at another club and ended up losing my phone so really the night cost me way more than 60 :eek:

It is great. It was produced by the same person as Everything is Embarrassing by Sky Ferreira. They have a similar sound and are both really good.

I think Losing You by Solange is probably my favourite song of they year. Absolutely perfect pop.

The producer in question is Dev Hynes who used to be in the fuck-awful, mid-2000s also-rans Test Icicles then briefly did a kind of twee singer-songwriter thing. Now he just writes loads of absolute gems. He was recording under the name Blood Orange last year, doing stuff similar to the Solange stuff, haven't really investigated it but heard good things.

• 4 weeks later...