aberdeen-music
Guest Tam o' Shantie

Your electronic productions

Don't know where to post this and i'm too much of a wuss to make a new thread so i'll stick it here...

I finally got myself kitted out with new DJing equipment and done a wee summertime mix.

https://soundcloud.com/matthewrobinson/bushwick-summer

It's just the raw output so the levels might be a bit wack and it's the first mixing I've done in about 5 years so go easy. Style-wise it's a total mixed bag - a bit of afro beat, cumbia and other latin stuff, some hip hop, some electro, some pop - A good representation of my tastes. Hope you enjoy!

Decent mix, none of the transitions were jarring and the beats matched. My flatmate really liked it. 

• Upvote 1

Sounds like the Pet Shop Boys (when they were decent). I'd listen to a full song.

Interesting, was going for a Daft Punk vibe but it's definitely laden with 80s influence. Thanks.

I've started a new dark-electronica project called The Revenant, I'm working on two songs at the moment with a view to putting out an EP later this year or early next year. Looking for vocalists to work with, particularly female vocalists with a Portishead/London Grammer vibe.

Here's a couple of snippets of what I'm working on at the moment, as always feedback is appreciated:

Edited by Alkaline
  • Upvote 1

I've been away from AbMus for a while so thought I just carry on where I left off.

Bit of a mix, all live recordings using my ever expanding collection of sequencers, samplers, synths and effects boxes all tied up in a tangle of leads and midi cables.

Let's hear what has been going on with things since 2015 or whenever the last post was...

• Upvote 1