aberdeen-music

Your electronic productions

Guest Tam o' Shantie

• 2 weeks later...

Heres a few of my electronic productions for you all to peruse. Haven't posted in here in a fucking age, but was pointed back by the direction of Euan Davidson and noticed it had had a nifty revamp. Good to see so many people loving electronic music and production, didn't really realise there was a part of this forum for this sort of stuff! Anywho, here's my link for you all to peruse, all available for free download.

https://soundcloud.com/austin-stables 

• 2 months later...

aside from a things I could have sorted (should have sorted) in the mix - levels and such - and a few more musical elements needed, pretty pleased with this - was going for that nu disco/cosmic chug thing - moved on a bit from that original idea.....

feedback welcome and it's all a learning curve after all - cheers!

https://soundcloud.com/jay-sonic/burnin

• 1 month later...

Ive seen threads on other production forums/threads that have a rule where you have to give feedback on a couple of previous posts before your new addition to the thread, helps to stop the thread just being somewhere folk come to post their tracks without even listening to any others - its a good idea i think anyway - anyone else agree?

I guess im testing the waters to see if its worth starting a new thread/ changing the rules of this one..

• Upvote 1

Ive seen threads on other production forums/threads that have a rule where you have to give feedback on a couple of previous posts before your new addition to the thread, helps to stop the thread just being somewhere folk come to post their tracks without even listening to any others - its a good idea i think anyway - anyone else agree?

I guess im testing the waters to see if its worth starting a new thread/ changing the rules of this one..

I agree with that.  It seems fairly futile if we don't interact with one another.  

It's great to see a diverse range of styles from electronic producers who are posting on here.  I have been listening to all of the tracks, some are definitely more impressive than others although I think it is often down to knowledge and experience as well as time spent mixing.

I'd be interested to hear what techniques people have been using to create their tracks, if you can be bother putting up a short description it could spark some discussion and open up some novel production ideas to other people.  

The last track I posted started out as an improvised piano jam which I then chopped up and time stretched to make a kind of yawning piano chord progression.  I also recorded live Juno 6 arpeggiated lines playing around with the tempo of the appegiatior.  The vocal sounding patches were recorded from my virus.  I think other than that, the drums were played in using NI Maschine.  I usually find drums the hardest bit but I'm quite pleased at how they came out on this track.  I had everything plugged into a pretty rubbishy mixing desk with the stereo out plugged into my sound card.  This introduced some unwelcome hiss into my mix on the Juno tracks but didn't really have the time or inclination to re-record since it was just a little ditty.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

https://soundcloud.com/dirty-notes/the-way-i-treat-time

Hello all, well this is a bit different to the other music on here - but it features an alesis micron and Korg ESX1 so maybe it can be part of the electronica party?!

Many thanks for anyone who takes the time to listen!

Adam

PS I would be grateful if anyone could advise how I can the actual Soundcloud window to appear in my post, as opposed to merely a link as I have done here. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

not much activity on this thread BUT just wanted to put this out there - any chance a bunch of you like minded elec production people would like to be involved in a live night if we can collectively sort one out?  I know in Glasgow they have 8 bit nights where people turn up and play live electronica - I'm absolutely dying to play my stuff out?

any takers?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Never posted anything in here before but here is some music of mine. Been making stuff for roughly 2 years now and had a few releases locally (Tuff Wax) and further afield in Japan and U.S throughout last year.

Hopefully someone enjoys some of the stuff. There's a bit of a mixed bag. http://soundcloud.com/t_a_m

• Upvote 3

Never posted anything in here before but here is some music of mine. Been making stuff for roughly 2 years now and had a few releases locally (Tuff Wax) and further afield in Japan and U.S throughout last year.

Hopefully someone enjoys some of the stuff. There's a bit of a mixed bag. http://soundcloud.com/t_a_m

Good stuff!  Really enjoying your tracks.

• 3 months later...

Don't know where to post this and i'm too much of a wuss to make a new thread so i'll stick it here...

I finally got myself kitted out with new DJing equipment and done a wee summertime mix.

https://soundcloud.com/matthewrobinson/bushwick-summer

It's just the raw output so the levels might be a bit wack and it's the first mixing I've done in about 5 years so go easy. Style-wise it's a total mixed bag - a bit of afro beat, cumbia and other latin stuff, some hip hop, some electro, some pop - A good representation of my tastes. Hope you enjoy!

• Upvote 1