aberdeen-music

Karloff and Black Atom CD launch @ Lemon Tree

Rob Karloff

BIG, big thanks to all 300-and-something of you that showed up for the gig....! Mega-blown away to see 20 or so waiting patiently in line outside, an hour before doors. It was great to see an already burgeoning crowd inside when the Dangerfields took to the stage. Really solid set from them, just like at the Misfits gig in Belfast. You really want to see them on a big stage with a good PA and monitors! Double Jack put on their usual sterling and polished show... The rock was brought! Good to see them shift a few more of their Fat Hippy debut CD. We were all hyped-up and ready to roll next, and I really had a blast. Everyone going carrrrrrrrrazay at the front, you rule! It was mental to see the two security dudes having to come out front and fend the moshpit off!!! Apologies to anyone who was out front stage-left and got covered in Sid Riffer's vomit... It WAS real and was an unplanned part of the stage-show! Black Atom came on last and pulled off a note-perfect display of MEEEETAAAALLL. Congrats to Dan on his 3-gig marathon, done with aplomb. Great way to end a fantastic night, guys.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone for making the night so buzzing and fun. Thanks especially to Captain Tom and all the Fat Hippy crew, The Lemon Tree staff for their efforts and ongoing support (especially Marj, FOH extraordienerre!), and the Retro Rebels crew.

Same time/place next year?!

:rockon:

We were all hyped-up and ready to roll next' date=' and I really had a blast. Everyone going carrrrrrrrrazay at the front, you rule! It was mental to see the two security dudes having to come out front and fend the moshpit off!!! Apologies to anyone who was out front stage-left and got covered in Sid Riffer's vomit... It WAS real and was an unplanned part of the stage-show![/quote']

Again has been described as Karloff's 'coming of age' gig in Aberdeen - healthiest crowd for a local band(s) that I've seen in a long time and the rock was indeed brought! We were amused when we came in and saw no barrier at the front - such pessimism! Greatly enjoyed the entire gig and Karloff got a bit out of hand as one of my trainers got wrecked (well more wrecked I guess) and ended up sitting on the stage for the last few songs. My sock is blacker than black!

Was Sid okay for Perth and how did that go?

We were amused when we came in and saw no barrier at the front - such pessimism! Greatly enjoyed the entire gig and Karloff got a bit out of hand as one of my trainers got wrecked (well more wrecked I guess) and ended up sitting on the stage for the last few songs. My sock is blacker than black!

Was Sid okay for Perth and how did that go?

I think there were comments about the barrier being in place for our next Lemon Tree outing...! It was all good natured stuff, and the security staff were very good in keeping people back so that they didn't knock the monitors or mikes, but not quashing the fun in the process. I did actually wonder who's trainer that was that landed on-stage... Should have guessed it would be one of the Dyce wrecking crew...! ;)

Sid was A-Ok after his hurling effort, not sure his guitar pedals liked it much tho! Perth gig was a downer unfortunately; Local support had pulled out and no promotion had taken place. There was a guy and his girlfriend who enjoyed the show and bought CDs, but that was pretty much it. Got to take the downs with the ups though; We had a blast in Edinburgh last night and did over 100 in merchandise. Glasgow tonight at the 13th Note Cafe... Been good there the last few times.

It was a really great gig and it was great to see loads of new faces and so many kids in Karloff t - shirts (Don't mean that in a G. Glitter type - way)

Sid puking on stage beats any prop Ghoulmore has ever used!

Best 'Fields gig I've ever seen (and i've been at every gig they've ever played in Aberdeen, bar two or three) and the best i've seen the Loff as well.

Are the CD's selling well, Rob?

It was a really great gig and it was great to see loads of new faces and so many kids in Karloff t - shirts (Don't mean that in a G. Glitter type - way)

Sid puking on stage beats any prop Ghoulmore has ever used!

Best 'Fields gig I've ever seen (and i've been at every gig they've ever played in Aberdeen' date=' bar two or three) and the best i've seen the Loff as well.

Are the CD's selling well, Rob?[/quote']

We were listening to Glitter in the van at 2:30am on the way back up from Edinburgh last night! We seem to be ranking up there with the Murderdolls in the t-shirt stakes amongst the local alt kids, which is rad. Each time they bring more of their friends along to the next gig as word spreads... Too cool. They queue outside to get in, get right up the front and have fun, and they buy the CDs and merch with their hard-earned cash. Top notch!

It's yet another chapter in the "Chronicles of Sid. D. Riffer"... I'm sure there will be many, many more.

I think the Dangerfields were surprised how busy it was when they went on (you expect to play to no-body when you're first on, pretty much), and I think that spurred them onwards. They always do a good show and get the audience going, regardless, but I think that was one of the best times I've seen them.

The CDs are shifting pretty well after only a few days and gigs. Not sure what the absolute numbers are, but they're pretty healthy given that it isn't even "officially" available yet. Lots of strong comments on the presentation, artwork and packaging. A testament to Ghoulmore's artistic ability. I think people quite like the production, too... ;)