aberdeen-music

[Oct 12, 2011] Thomas Truax, Kitchen Cynics, Steven Milne (Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire)

This was a very fine show indeed. I've only seen Steven Milne solo twice, and I thought this was an excellent and assured performance. Some really lovely songs and a great voice, thought he sounded a little M-Ward esque at times which is definitely a good thing in my book.

Alan was ace, great songs well played and great anecdotes in between the songs too. I liked the one with the music box at the end, really sinister sounding.

I don't think any other performer has me grinning throughout the entire show like Thomas Truax does, so much fun, absolutely stellar stuff. I love it all, the tunes, the inventions, the stories of the songs, the performance, him, a'hin really. It's a shame he's having to leave the country, Kirsten and myself did offer marriage proposals so he could get citizenship and stay though, so watch this space...

• Upvote 1