aberdeen-music

Local Talent Recognised at Scottish Awards

beetlejuice

In that case they can fuck off, and they can quote that on their website. 'Oh there's a fair amount of sour grapes about what we're trying to do'. Squash some sour grapes, ferment them, pour them into a glass and give it to me free, then we'll talk SNMA.

Judging by the rest of the stuff on that blog post they'll just assume you were in a band and missed out, or something.

That's the SAMAs, which I think are different.

Scottish New Music Awards - bad

Scottish Alternative Music Awards - good

Is this correct? I don't know. AWARDS.

They're definitely different things. The fact the latter exists seems to throw that guy's "the Tartan Clefs are all we have" into the fire at least.

To be honest it looks like the event was shit for three reasons:

1. The complete lack of any sort of selection criteria or process to determine the nominees and eventual winners
  2. The fact that very few of the winners actually turned up, which severely impacted on their running time
  3. The organiser appears to have the professionalism of a chimp eating a rotten banana. Although to be honest I'd be pretty pissed too if the event I was organising for the past six months blew up in my face at the end of the day.

That's the SAMAs, which I think are different.

Scottish New Music Awards - bad

Scottish Alternative Music Awards - good

Is this correct? I don't know. AWARDS.

That is the central belt consensus. Not me though, i don't like the idea of awards at this level. I do love the SNMA guy though, he comes out with some golden stuff.