aberdeen-music

krush - jaku

Guest Stripey

Guest Stripey

Just been listening to the new DJ Krush album, "jaku", and I must say, after a couple of mediocre albums, he is really back on form!

This is a tight, pensive, brooding and sophisticated sound, much closer to his original and (in my opinion) finest material. Those of you who loved Holonic and felt let down by the strange tangents he went off on with Code4019 and the bland ambiguity of "the message from the depths", will really love "jaku", which is a much more coherent album, and much more like the Krush we all knew and loved.

10/10, go and buy it now!

Guest Stripey
Oi' date=' keep my name outta this mofo!!!

:bat:[/quote']

lol!

You might like this album actually, it has some rather good flute playing with a japanese twist, and an awsome track featuring the koto.

Guest Sundaram
lol!

You might like this album actually' date=' it has some rather good flute playing with a japanese twist, and an awsome track featuring the koto.[/quote']

Sounds ace, will ch,ch,check it out asap!!!

I really like the album overall but some of the tracks don't stand up on their own (probably aren't supposed to I guess). Appearances of Mr.Lif and Aesop Rock kinda meant there was at least two tracks that'd be great but once again Krush doesn't disappoint and a quite sparse, dark album appears that recalls The Orb, Pressure Drop, The Herbaliser and Aphex Twin at various times to mine ears. :)