aberdeen-music

How Low (fi) can you go?

Flights

I'm toying with the idea of recording with a old tape player with a built in mic I found in my loft. Does this sound like a good idea at all? Im aiming for a lo-fi sound but is this a bit too much?

Not too much at all.

I know people who record music on dictaphones. And release it. An old tape player with a mic sounds hi-tech in comparison! Go for it. And let's hear the results.

I fucking love lo-fi.

And hi-fi.

And Sempre Fi.

I love all the fis.

My old, atrociously shambolic hardcore band recorded a few songs on tape.

The old Myspace is still alive. Listen to "Limited Edition Piss Frisbee" which was recorded with a tape recorder, then converted into a wav, somehow, and then the vocals overdubbed. Then put back onto a tape and released. Doesn't sound bad considering. Still a bit bad though.

It’s Broken! are ballers | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

I have turned my house upside down and found a tape to record on. It has music off the radio on it and it looks to have seen many a winter. I'll check out that song later on soda jerk, i'm at work today :( and the filter nazis dont approve of myspace. What kind of set up did you have for recording to tape?

i recorded a song on my mobile and stuck it online a while back. it worked out ok, the song was pish but the quality was ok. not as cool as having a physical tape though.

I still like the feeling of owning a physical form of music, well prefer it to this digital pish thats taking over.

Cassettes are a brilliant format. The sound quality is often surprisingly good as well.

It's also interesting to note that quite a few smaller labels have started releasing music on cassette again - definitely an encouraging development!

(We've had a track featured on the German cassette-only release Don't Drop It In The Dustbin Vol 2) :)

Cassettes are a brilliant format. The sound quality is often surprisingly good as well.

It's also interesting to note that quite a few smaller labels have started releasing music on cassette again - definitely an encouraging development!

(We've had a track featured on the German cassette-only release Don't Drop It In The Dustbin Vol 2) :)

I love a tape like. how did you go about getting featured on a german only cassette??