aberdeen-music

North-east girl heading for number 1 in the singles chart

Lemonade

North-east singer races for number one single | Aberdeen City News | STV Local

Singer-songwriter Emeli Sande, from Alford, is on course to reach number one in the charts this weekend.

Good on her. She's been popping up a lot recently on collabarations with the likes of Chipmunk, Wiley, Tinie Tempah and Professor Green, and she's written songs for Cheryl Cole and Leona Lewis. This is her debut single. I'm not a huge fan of the song but I keep an eye out for her name popping up cos she's a close friend of an ex and she always seemed like a really nice girl whenever I chatted to her, so I wish her well. Plus, good to see a local quine making waves. Aberdeen's been dining out on Annie Lennox for too long!

Good on her. She's been popping up a lot recently on collabarations with the likes of Chipmunk, Wiley, Tinie Tempah and Professor Green, and she's written songs for Cheryl Cole and Leona Lewis. This is her debut single. I'm not a huge fan of the song but I keep an eye out for her name popping up cos she's a close friend of an ex and she always seemed like a really nice girl whenever I chatted to her, so I wish her well. Plus, good to see a local quine making waves. Aberdeen's been dining out on Annie Lennox for too long!

That song is great. By the sounds of that song, Chase & Status and the likes would be stupid not to get in touch.

EDIT: Midway through this I realise there's a remix EP. Love it.

She's singing with the school choir today, my sister is so excited. The whole family are lovely, her dad is always the favourite teacher. It's not my type of music but I really like her songs :)

Was.... Was that actually a nice post from you?

Who are you and what have you done with the Slutbags I know and fantasize about?

xx

Think the interviewer could have done just a little research before the interview.

Well done to her. I watched her perform this live and although it's not my kind of music she is good.

Not really following the Sandi Thom comparisons from an earlier post.