aberdeen-music

Dead-on : So who were your band of the day?

Ross

Thanks to all that ventured to Moshulu yesterday. Thanks to all the bands for rocking the joint. Amusing dancing during the course of the evening also from the Aconite / DiD Possee. Thanks to the posterers / flyerers and everyone who helped out. Cheers to Jimmy CLS for doing a sterling job on the sound front.

So... Who were your band of the day?

vudd have to say... suprise surpise, days in december. closely followed by allergo (i bet they will cherrish lesleys bra ;) ) and aconite thrill.

the 44's were as good as ever, as were the x-certs, though i must say i prefer their old sound.

that will be all

The 44s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEA - :down: good, but songs too long, set dragged a bit

MMW - not their best performance :(

Fall of Boss Koala - :down: just plain didnt like 'em

XCerts - :up: yup yup, good effort on Jordan's behalf particularly!!!!!

Allergo - agh, run, hide, cover your ears, I cant deal with the madness tis all, what can i say, Im weak....

Days in December - :up:

Shouting Myke - :up:

The 44s - :up::D:girl::woohoo:

Aconite Thrill - not for me

shouting myke!awesome!new stuff was sounding great and the old stuff was as good as ever, closely followed by days in december and allergo both of which were equally great and couldn't really pick between them.

quite enjoyed the fall of boss koala but wasn't too sure about the vocals.

the x-certs put in a lot of energy yesterday i thought-made an great effort and looked liked they were having a good time.enjoyable and entertaining.

only caught the last two seconds or so of weapon so won't comment on them.

Guest Nikola Tesla
Allergo were on at 5.50

Aconite Thrill at 9.20

and you... SLEPT IN....... bloody hell....

hmmmm sleeeeeep........hhhhmmm.....zzzzzzzzzz

Haha yea... i kinda drasticaly over slept... oh well. I'll just catch them if they come back again.

haha' date=' whoever gave us the bra - thank you soo much! :) we'll be showing it off at the merch stall at every gig to loor in all our pervy fans. And cheers again to Ross and The sound guy! who did a bloody amazing job![/quote']

haha...no problem...it was pissing me off. strapless bras are the work of the DEVIL I TELL THEE.

so many bruises, and my neck hurts like an absolute bitch. but you guys were awesome. MON THE 26TH!!!

:up:

wee quick rundown..

Small Enclosed Area : they win the award for having the most drunk band members by the end of the day, and i'd like to fuck to their music. To answer the criticism that they were going on too long, i think that was part of the appeal, they just put me in a dream-like world. their drummer is very, very fucking scary though :D

My Minds Weapon : seemingly getting heavier and heavier as each gig goes on, and i'm enjoying it. Dan's a true guitar hero as far as "the total package" goes, but they were fun indeed..i get the impression that if the current way that they're evolving continues, MMW may be utterly different come this time next year. Is it just me though, or does Ben's voice get lost in the mix an awful lot?

The Fall Of Boss Koala - dull, uninspiring, okayish..nothing special, really.

The X-Certs : Jordan has a hell of a lot of guts to play with two broken fingers, and to be honest, i utterly lapped up the amount of different improvisations that were played. The set was short, but very sweet, and I give them all the credit in the world for not going back and playing old songs to pad the set out.

Allegro - their singer "had" it, the rest of them didn't really..but seeing as they're so young, i dare say that they'll be a truly scary prospect in the years to come. The music was very odd - again, I didn't find myself loving it, but it seemed to have something that would draw me back again.

Days In December - i'm very inbetween about these guys..yes/no? i don't quite know. I thought they were allright, but shouldnt they be better by now? I don't know, come back and play another gig and i'll have a definitive opinion about it all. They had a couple of very, very good songs though .they were better than..

Shouting Myke : poor, poor effort. they didn't live up to any of the hype around them, and they were considerably weaker than at Drakes last year - I don't know what it was, but it didn't draw me in at all. It just has to be said that they should've and needed to do better than they did.

The 44's : I missed a considerable part of their set, but what I did see reinforced the attitude that they're a band just waiting to be discovered..so hurry up and be discovered!

Aconite Thrill : so-so..I wasn't loving it, wasn't hating it, but again, they seemed very average when they should be destroying the crowd.

On a related note, I'd love to see the barrier up at all the gigs - it's just fun being able to stand there and lean on something, and gives you a sense of the big time about the gig..any chance it can be brought out for all the gigs then?

Overall, the best band of the first half had to be The X-Certs (shock) followed by SEA and MMW. The second half is trickier, but I'd say that the 44's would have taken it if i had seen more of their set. Allegro were second, with Days in December following in third. Twas a truly disapointing night as far as Aconite Thrill and Shouting Myke went, but perhaps it was just an off night for them :)

Allegro - their singer "had" it' date=' the rest of them didn't really

[/quote']

For the last time everyone it's ALLERGO :p

Strange that you say that though as although I was impressed with the band as a whole [THUMPING drums I tell thee] the popular opinion amongst people that I spoke to is that the frontman lets the bands music down. Again just opinions but interesting nonetheless. To me anyways.

yeah apologies to all we had a really shit gig.we werent working properly at all.

we ended up halfing our set due to technical shite,that and the fact were more than aware of how bad it was.

anyway thanks to ross and everyone who was there.

Aconite thrill and shouting myke were my favourites of the gig.

apologies again .

Ill do a cloud inspired round up too.

SEA-Seem them before but didnt really do any wonders for me. They have a kick ass drummer thats for sure and a great singer but I think their music tends to drag on a bit. Really tight band aswell though.

My Minds Weapon-Loved their set although some songs werent as good as they've played them. Such as Rock Princess vs SLW and Clutching Pictures Of Angels, Passport Sized tehy made it up with their performance of Bullet and I killed Rock and Roll. Loved the 80's style cheesy line up with Alex,Jamesy and Dan holding the guitar heads up in the air:P.

Fall Of Boss Koala: This was a bad night for them I reckon. They did so much better when they supported Desalvo. Hopefully it didnt bring dow their morale too much.

XCerts-Their put a big smile on my face:). Even having two of his fingers bandaged up on his fret hand, Jordan still managed to do a good job on bass. It was a shame the set was so short but at least they played Monkey Puzzle Solved(is that the name?) and Stay the Same.

Dinner break-had a lurvely meal:)

Allergo: Had some fucking ace riffs and good beats on them but not a big fan of the "every word must be screamed" setting. Very talented bunch of guys nonetheless. Only other complaint was the fact they gave me a headache as their were defiantely the heaviest band of the day/night.

Firstborn:Shame this band pulled out as they were really good last time they played here.

Days in December: Really really good band. bought their ep too. They sound like lostprophets(who i love) and Funeral for a Friend(who I hate). So kinda surprised I liked them so much. Their strongest song was definately Glass Vice(sp?)(their song on scuzz). Didn't think anyone could beat their set until...

Shouting Myke: Bloody hell they were good t drakes but this time I had heard teh ep in advanced and I it was perfect:). I loved their new songs very heavy and different. Glad they finished one two songs from their ep especially love as a spectator:).

44's-Couldn't see how this band could fit into this bill but they did nonetheless. Shame no one bothered to skank for them except for me and Gumpy. Good set but they missed out Evening Spread:(.

Aconite Thrill- Wasnt too fond of this band to be honest. I liked the song they finished with but that was it. Too many time changes makes it hard to follow the music. I can appreciate what they are doing and it was a tight set but thats all I can say to be perfectly honest.

Best band of the Night: Shouting Myke without a doubt for me.:)

One hell of a gig and I hope that Mosulu amde a little bit of a profit at the same time-they deserve it:)

Small Enclosed Area : To answer the criticism that they were going on too long' date=' i think that was part of the appeal, they just put me in a dream-like world.

[/quote']

i reckon thats maybe why i didnt like them so much for a gig like that, theyre the perfect band to listen to on a cd i reckon, just chillin in my room or something but at a gig it just kinda seemed to tire me listening to them, i just wanted to fall asleep to their dreamy mooosic!

I arrived for Allegro who were very cool( I was up early but had much to do), apart from their singer being camper than a Carry On Convention at Butlins with all that flopping about, which got irritating. I have to say the rest of the bands were good, but kind of blurred into one big band for my jaded old ears, apart from the 44's who had the who brass thing going on.

Hope to see a repeat next year, but maybe covering more genres of music?

Good stuff over all.

I arrived for Allegro who were very cool( I was up early but had much to do)' date=' apart from their singer being camper than a Carry On Convention at Butlins with all that flopping about, which got irritating. I have to say the rest of the bands were good, but kind of blurred into one big band for my jaded old ears, apart from the 44's who had the who brass thing going on.

Hope to see a repeat next year, but maybe covering more genres of music?

Good stuff over all.[/quote']

I just wish that Stapleton could have played in the end.

Ah well...

Next year?

Hmm... Don`t know if my stress levels could take it....

Actually anythoughts on doing it next year would be greatly appreciated.

Small Enclosed Area : they win the award for having the most drunk band members by the end of the day

wayhey... not naming anyone but **coughs** ross p mr projectile spewer on his jeans.... deary me boy... how you can go down in attractiveness... YOU GOT IN TO TRIPLE KIRKS, but nowhere else would accept your mince head self hehehee

i enjoyed what i remember of the gig...

Yep, pretty hammered was i. Had to work a total of 12 hours the next day as well, which wasn't fun. At least my body scraped itself to the Caley game by Sunday, so all is not bad.

Got some pretty funny photos developed from the Fri day/nite, now if i can only work out how to work a scanner..........