aberdeen-music

Lacuna Coil @ the Lemon Tree - Wednesday 9th November

DF CONCERTS PRESENT

WEDNESDAY 9TH NOVEMBER

@ THE LEMON TREE

LACUNA COIL

+SUPPORT

7.30PM

TICKETS:http://www.boxofficeaberdeen.com/prod-productions_details.asp?VenueID=285

&pid=3727

Lacuna Coil is an Italian gothic metal band from Milan. Formed in 1994, the group has had two name changes since being previously known as Sleep of Right and Ethereal and was inspired by the combination of gothic imagery and music.

The members have been known, musically, for composing midtempo songs consisting of prominent guitar lines and contrasting dual female/male vocal harmonies to help create a melodic, detached sound. Much of the band's recent material, however, sees a heavier and more down-tuned style, featuring a more distinct bass line and a higher mixing of the guitars within the songs.

The band's 2006 release, Karmacode, peaked at number 28 on the Billboard 200. Their latest release, Shallow Life, debuted at number 16 on the Billboard charts. The album marks the band diverging their sound from gothic metal to straight-forward alternative metal. As of August 2010, Lacuna Coil has sold nearly 2 million records.

• 2 months later...
Support is 'Straight line Stitch' Another female screamin' her tits off.

Pretty savage to be fair.

What do you mean 'another'? SLS and Lacuna Coil sound nothing alike. Incidentally I generally hate the more commercial metalcore stuff but SLS are actually not bad. I used to be a huge Darkest Hour fanboy so any band with Kris Norris is ace :rockon:

They have a few songs which are entirely singing (at least 3 on the first album!) but most are like this....

So people expecting more music like Lacuna Coil may want to head in a bit later :p

Keeno didnt really get ma humour then.

And I never said anything about them sounding 'alike'

I think 'pretty savage' was misinterpreted. I quite like them.

Im sorry I confused you.

I was not commenting on the savage bit. Merely that you said 'another female screaming' which implies one of the other bands playing are like that or that female screamers are common. I can maybe think of 15-20 signed bands off the top of my head with female screamers and most people would probably struggle to name more than a handful.

Humour is fine but misleading information irks me. You were probably being sarcastic with that bit though but it really doesn't come across well over the internet :p

For a professional band. wow that was a bad guitar tone. Bad straight from the cab but then into a cranked PA it got worse. They really need to upgrade the line 6 gear to axe fx's!

(I wasn't the only one who thought so either ;) The support band said they had the chance to use their amps for free but actually paid to rent the peavey's despite them spending a fortune out of their own pocket to be here just so they could sound decent!)