aberdeen-music

Brilliant gig guys!

Willum

Awesome stuff guys! A very highly enjoyable set :up: Only dissapointing part was when I found out I was 2 short to get The Tie That Binds :swearing: Next time I'm in one up though...

Anyways, whats the date of the next gig? September the third I think it was...well I'll be there anyways :up:

Cheers,

Willum

Guest RomanChoke

Anyways' date=' whats the date of the next gig? September the third I think it was...well I'll be there anyways :up:

[/quote']

Your going to go even if they aren't playing!? What a fan!!

what a gig!

Dangerfields: Like kill em all era metallica with even more punk influence

Double Jack: As great as ever, ive seen them a lot and i think that was the best

Karloff: Great band, Great entertainers (being sick and still playing guitar parts cant be easy)

Black Atom: Flawless (plus Joe wore my viking hat for chasing ghosts \m/)

best local gig ever!

Guest Scorge Spike

Good show. Missed The Dangerfields, thought Double Jack were solid, Karloff were spectacular, and that you lot were both. CD sounding good thus far, too. As I said last night, twa thumbs upwards. :up::up:

Black Atom: Flawless (plus Joe wore my viking hat for chasing ghosts \m/)

best local gig ever!

That be the same viking hat I "borrowed" later on whilst on Union st?

I was kicking myself yesterday when I realised I couldn't go' date=' but I'm really glad it went well - heard many good things from people on route from Lemon Tree to Moshulu. Will be buying the album tomorrow, if I get a chance. :)[/color']

That be the same viking hat I "borrowed" later on whilst on Union st?

I was kicking myself yesterday when I realised I couldn't go' date=' but I'm really glad it went well - heard many good things from people on route from Lemon Tree to Moshulu. Will be buying the album tomorrow, if I get a chance. :)[/color']

ah thats who you are. yeah you were wearing the hat when sir cloud stopped me and dayeth in the street

atom!! what a band.........

i have to say i thought the dangerfields were very poor and sounded absolutley nothing like

'Kill em all' metallica era. All songs sounded the same and were completely uninteresting. Really unfunny too.

I enjoyed 'Double Jack' a lot and i thought the lead guitarist was extremely entertaining. Singer has a good voice.

Karloff are ridiculous, music wise and the way they look.

Atom are clearly in a different league compared to the rest and sounded superb....

like the others i will be attending the next gig without fail

i hope people can understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and do not attack my comments for not enjoying dangerfields and karloff

i thought the gig was amazing, was sitting down for dangerfields, double jack and part of karloff but was definatly right at the front for atom! although some guy kept squeezing in front of me :( poo

i have to say, you guys are certainatly loved! had to laugh at the chanting of "atom" whenever you werent playing hehe

was the gig the 4th? and where again?

Other than Atom being the obvious highlight, I think it was a damn good gig on the whole. It's good to see all the bands getting a good reaction from the crowd, especially Double Jack who usually get screwed by the audience who just stand at the back as they play a (fantastic) opening slot. But you know its a good gig when you throat aches from shouting "Atom!... atom!... atom!..." and when you have no energy to do anything in moshulu afterwards cos you've ROCKED so hard half an hour earlier.

Up the Atom!

I'd just like to say the biggest ever thank you to you all, you made us feel a million billion dollars last night :up: We love you and without you we probably wouldn't be here today. The chanting of Atom honestly overwhelmed me entirely, and put the biggest grin on my face... The other bands (what I saw of them) all seemed to play absolutely great too. It was a fabulous night... I thought we made a few mistakes and shit, but the feel of the gig was so superb that it just didn't matter!! Expect the new material to get tighter and better as we get used to playing it, and expect some variation in the setlist from now on too!

Once again, you all rule, please come back and see us again and again. LEGEND!! :headbang:

I just wanted to reiterate what Joe was saying. That gig was not made by any of the bands that were playing, we all just played a supporting role to the crowd. It was awesome, at one point I was honestly pretty choked up and it made us realise how lucky we are to have such an amazing and loyal fanbase.

We were all a little worried going into the gig because we've not really been doing very much in terms of gigging etc recently but we were blown away by your response.

Once again - Thank you all soooooo much - you all rock like motherfuckers!!! :headbang:

See you all at the Moorings on Saturday the 4th of September with Hot Mangu - and I mean ALL of you ;)

I don't think that we've played to a more enthusiastic and loyal audience than the crowd we played to on Friday. Thank you all so much for supporting us and remaining committed to the Atom while we've been away. Your response on Friday made the last few months and weeks worthwhile. You are an inspiration to us all and we consider each and every one of you our friends. Please don't ever change who you are! You're all amazing people!

Up the Atom AND the ATOMITES!!

'fraid not, my shyness got the better of me again :S You did stand pretty close to us when The Dangerfields were on. Spotted you with your MD player...were wondering if you were bootlegging or not :p At the Moorings though I'm gonna yell "Joe Is The Messiah!!" or something.

I'll get Yobro to come along with his pics in a sec.

The Messiah eh? I think another balding short frontman might have something to say about that :laughing:

I wasn't bootlegging with my mic, I was getting a recording of Double Jack from the sounddesk... I had only just arrived in time for them so I was in a bit of a rush at that point as I had promised them a recording ;)

Come and say hi at the Moorings gig, it's not so huge and won't be so packed so I'm bound to be unknowingly standing right next to you at some point!

Looking forward to the photos! Thanks again, and thanks for making the trip into town just to see us :)