aberdeen-music

Remembering Needleman

Stroopy121

Woods mentioned your gig in September. I will BE THERE.

Afraid we have had to pull out of that one due to work commitments, currently trying to book an alternative date.

NOTE - anyone looking for a band to play, gimmie a shout!

Vocals aren't prominent enough in the recordings, but I quite like the tracks. :)

What's the live line-up?

Thank you! =]

Standard 3 piece lineup with me on lead vox and Craig and Woods doing backing.

Yeah I've been listening back on different speakers and will bring the guitar down a touch and bring the vocals and the solos out some more. I've never mixed/mastered any recordings before so I'm just kinda flying by the seat of my pants with it, if anyone with a better ear for it than me wants to make suggestions they'll be gratefully received. The vox will all be redone eventually too to iron out the bum-notes.

xx

More guitar solos in pop punk.

YEAH!

I dig the jams. I'm not so fond on the vocals. I like the harmonic woah-oh-ohs, but the lead vocals could do with with a kick up the arse. The music seems to warrant more of a yell or a bit of gruff. Good hooks though.

Yeah I'm not particularly happy with the vocals but as I recorded them in my flat I couldn't really let rip and shout as much as I'd have wanted to. Glad the feedback otherwise is seeming pretty positive though =].

xx

More guitar solos in pop punk.

YEAH!

I dig the jams. I'm not so fond on the vocals. I like the harmonic woah-oh-ohs, but the lead vocals could do with with a kick up the arse. The music seems to warrant more of a yell or a bit of gruff. Good hooks though.

This is what I think. Sounds like you're a bit scared to gie it laldy but the songs are there for sure.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well, last thread appears to have fallen off the radar; check out Remembering Needleman HERE. Updated demos up there for your perusal and inevitable criticism.

Play nice.

xx

I think they are good tunes. I hate my laptop though...any chance of packaging them up as a bandcamp bundle? then I can toot them to me ipod and listen while I play golf with Frank Gill-Feather at the weekend.