aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Graham Knight

London Riots

Sky News are currently showing live pictures from a huge fire in Croydon. The premises of Rockbottom, one of the biggest music shops in the South London area, are a few doors away from the flames that seem to be getting bigger.

Graham, hope you don't mind but I moved your thread to the current affairs sub-forum and renamed it in anticipation of a greater discussion about the riots in general.

Fucking scary seeing the footage on TV.

From the BBC:

"Former Mayor of London Ken Livingstone says the government has failed to realise the level of discontent among young people who are facing a "bleak" future."

This sounds almost like the stupid cunt is apologising for these thugs. This has NOTHING to do with the govt, and everything to do with ignorant little bastards, with ignorant bastard parents, with nothing but utter disrespect for anyone and anything.

Lives and businesses destroyed. Heartbreaking.

PS....and now it's starting to kick off in Birmingham.

I'm not in Spain just now. Enjoying my sunny Aberdeen holiday.

Edit - After a quick look at the websites for the main newspapers it seems generally to be the top story.

Although I just tuned in online to what is Spain's equivalent of BBC News 24 and found a special report called "Operacin Bikini."

This is mental.

Now the 'they don't know they're born' brigade will be more vocal than ever, everyone will go back to being scared of sweaters with hoods, BNP will go up in popularity no doubt... Britain's fucked.

• Upvote 1

From the BBC:

"Former Mayor of London Ken Livingstone says the government has failed to realise the level of discontent among young people who are facing a "bleak" future."

This sounds almost like the stupid cunt is apologising for these thugs. This has NOTHING to do with the govt, and everything to do with ignorant little bastards, with ignorant bastard parents, with nothing but utter disrespect for anyone and anything.

Lives and businesses destroyed. Heartbreaking.

PS....and now it's starting to kick off in Birmingham.

That man is and always has been and complete idiot and you're absolutely right about these "ignorant little bastards" and their parents. Cunts the lot.

Apparently Camden road station on fire. It's fucking chaos down here. Police are totally over worked. The army will probably be called in tomorrow. School holidays don't help.

Not sure. Kinda focusing on London as I'm here and meant to be moving to south London in 3 weeks.

Am amazed that a vigilante group hasn't gone out kicking ass. Aside from the Turkish group who apparently dished out some whoop ass earlier in the evening.

There's definitely some stuff going down in Birmingham. A friend said some folk are starting some shit in Livingston too, but all I can find on Google is Ken Livingstone related. This is just fucking mental. It definitely aint about the laddy that got shot! I don't know what its about any more. Fuck.

EDIT: re Livingstone... he just phrased it incredibly badly.

Just read someone on Facebook talking about "rioting" in Cornhill, the daft bastard. 95% sure he's joking but for fuck's sake.