aberdeen-music

Japanese guitarist.

the_beastly_one

I heard about a Japanese guitarist who is apparently very good and sells millions of records in his home country, but isn't very well known here. However, the dude who told me this couldn't recall his name. Can anyone help? I'd like to know his name, what kind of music he plays and if there's anything in particular that would be a good start to download. I know it's really vague, but it's worth a try I suppose.

I heard about a Japanese guitarist who is apparently very good and sells millions of records in his home country' date=' but isn't very well known here. However, the dude who told me this couldn't recall his name. Can anyone help? I'd like to know his name, what kind of music he plays and if there's anything in particular that would be a good start to download. I know it's really vague, but it's worth a try I suppose.[/quote']

Could it be Tomoyasu Hotei? He was on the OST for Kill Bill Vol 1, and has played with heaps of people -

http://www.hotei.com/english/index.asp

If not, it could maybe be -

#Char Hisato Takenaka considered to be the Jeff Beck of Japan.

# Hatake - his group sold millions of records in Japan and play in front of 50,000 people in the large cities.

# Akira TakasaKi, original guitarist with Loudness, Japan's first Heavy Metal band.

# Kyoji Yamamoto, another legend selling millions of records.

# Luke from Seikima II, a Japanese KISS style band, make up and all. They were huge for 10 years.

# Rayzi from a new band called Rouage. They just sold out the Budokan (10,000 seats) in Tokyo.

# Shima from Concerto Moon, a new hot shot guitarist who is on all the guitar polls in all the Japanese Rock Mags.

# Yochan, who is a huge TV star/guitarist.

# Hiroya, who was in a big Heavy Metal band Anthiem.