aberdeen-music

Polar bear kills 'British Tourist'

Guest E.C

Was just reading an account by a friend of mine of his recent encounters with Polar Bears in Canada. I was bricking myself just looking at the pictures.

attachment.php?attachmentid=340154&d=1312489268

attachment.php?attachmentid=340151&d=1312489239

attachment.php?attachmentid=340152&d=1312489250

I once had a run in with a Black Bear in America, which was fairly unnerving. It makes you think a bit when you bump into animals that can have you in a scrap.

Sorry to hear about this incident - always wanted to go to Svalbard, but it does have its risks.

They have named the 4 people who were injured, and we've managed to work out for the blog the guys were keeping (which is now offline/crashed due to traffic) that Jon was in a different group...

Still awful, awful news. My thoughts are with the families of those involved.

They have named the 4 people who were injured, and we've managed to work out for the blog the guys were keeping (which is now offline/crashed due to traffic) that Jon was in a different group...

Still awful, awful news. My thoughts are with the families of those involved.

Turns out I actually knew one of the injured - one of the trip leaders who's a former Aberdeen Uni student. Very good guy and I wish him a speedy recovery.

In all seriousness. When humans enter into the Polar's realm you are in their territory.

Several warnings were given earlier this year.

Totally agree with this. Shouldn't be fucking around in a polar bears back garden for a school trip or whatever this was, not that I'm in any way trying to negate the tragedy of a seventeen year old dying.