aberdeen-music

FS/FT USA Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass 5 String, With added toys!

WoodyRATM

From my ad on basschat. Note - I've owned this bass for about 1 month or so - Just not loving the 5stringness now! So these pictures are the previous owner - can be viewed and tested etc.

Features the more favored 4/1 headstock, Montego Black/Gold Scratchplate combination with a lovely Maple neck. 34" Scale

This bass has had the some what anemic original active electronics taken out and replaced with a John East J-retro Deluxe which gives you ultimate control over your bass. Features Active/passive switch, Bass, Treble, Extra bright push pull switch, Mid volume and Mid contour control, as well as a passive tone control! Maximum knobbage!

http://east-uk.com/jretrodeluxe01.pdf

Complementing the pre-amp is a set of Seymour Duncan Quarterpounders, lovely hot pickups with loads of grind that can be toned down to a nice full funk sound. All electronics have been FULLY shielded with copper tape. There is little to no background noise when the bass is plugged in.

The bass has a lovely Low action which is happy to be adjusted. The Truss rod is working well 100%.

There are playing marks on the body which are quite hard to show up under lights. You would have to look at it in the right light to see!"

I would be looking for what I paid for this bass - 900. I'm based in Aberdeen.

Not sure what i'd be looking for in a trade.

dscf4153g.jpg

dscf4157b.jpg

http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...l=Fender+deluxe is the original thread.