aberdeen-music

Westboro Baptist Church are coming to Aberdeen.

Jaaakkkeee

Difficult to know whether or not protesting is counter-productive. It's annoying: do nothing and let Scott Rennie (potentially) get hassled by mentalists and make Aberdeen look as if they don't care, or give undue attention to mentalists?

Mentalist.

There's a line to be drawn between the Westboro Baptists and regular dunces. Making Aberdeen look like they don't care about the WBs can only be a good thing. They have next to no real world influence (if they did then surely they'd have more than a handful of church members) and the only attention they get is people being up in arms about how despicable they are. If this was a group with any actual clout then sure, protesting would be 'a good thing' but this is a total non-event.

• Upvote 1

Surround mentalists with colourful signs with a bunch of people dressed in costume with a bunch of signs saying utterly pointless shite...and who are people gonna pay more attention to? And in the process, rile up a bunch of homophobic fuck wits that nobody wants to listen to or hear from ever again.

Surround mentalists with colourful signs with a bunch of people dressed in costume with a bunch of signs saying utterly pointless shite...and who are people gonna pay more attention to? And in the process, rile up a bunch of homophobic fuck wits that nobody wants to listen to or hear from ever again.

That's a good angle actually. You bring the Dutch techno and I'll bring a dress.

We could make a pile like the "they took our jobs" episode of South Park? We could get a big bucket of horse spunk and throw it at them? That's probably too illegal and I don't know how to jack off a horse. But seriously, I'm well up for winding them up if this happens, which - as Rathen says - it probably wont. I think the way to oppose this sort of nonsense is with more nonsense. A "fuck this guy" sign would please me.

If it happens I'll be there. Not with big gay bells on, but with big lefty "leave them gays alone" bells on.

Personally I applaud the Church of Scotland for being prepared to allow gay and lesbian pastors. It should be an open and shut thing IMO. Sexual orientation shouldn't ever block anyone from being able to do what they want.

If, hypothetically, I also thought God hated Fags, could I picket with them? Initiating a faux picket shoulder to shoulder with those lunatics would be an ample opportunity to spill my extra large portion of chips and make a quick side step out of harms way.

There was a guy on the second Louis Theroux documentary that was trying to get in and they wouldn't make it easy.

So, maybe.

Judging by the facebook groups, folk are going on about turning up and battering them. Which is just stupid.

Aye, they are IRL trolls with a message. If you get really angry they love it. And if you get physical (physical, i wanna get physical) at the very least they'll press charges. And they might even sue.

Aye, they are IRL trolls with a message. If you get really angry they love it. And if you get physical (physical, i wanna get physical) at the very least they'll press charges. And they might even sue.

Here's me thinking Indian Red Lopez were a left-leaning band. Pfft.