aberdeen-music

FS: various guitars

keeno

Needing to trim down my collection. Simply not enough space in the flat I live in! Sensible offers welcome. I live less than 10 mins walk from Captain Toms so if you practice there give me a buzz and I can bring any of them around.

Eastwood Corona SG Copy:

Has had the pickups replaced with a V7/V8 combo from an Ibanez RG and stock tuners replace with Kluson tuners. Good condition barring a small ding on the front at the top of the body and a larger one on the rear of the guitar. Slight issue with the pickups being a bit far away from the strings but I have new pickup rings on the way and I should have this sorted in a few days. 140 ono

Pics

DSCF1604.jpg

DSCF1605.jpg

Some more info HERE

Reviews can be found here: Guitars: Corona T SG by Eastwood Guitars | Harmony Central

Aria Pro II RS Wildcat

1985 Matsumoku (well known Japanese factory, famous for Westone guitars but also made for aria, washburn and others) made superstrat. h/s/s pickups, push/pull coil tap for the humbucker on tone control. I believe it is alder body, maple neck w/ rosewood fingerboard. ACT tremolo double locking tremolo system. Note trem arm and the nuts for the locking nut are missing. Incredibly cheap to replace these and I may do it myself soon. Biggest problem with this guitar is quite a lot of buckle rash in keeping with a guitar of this age and quite a lot of scratches at the top of the back of the body. Not very deep though and looks like quick touch up with black paint would render them almost invisible should this be desired. Incredibly well built as with all Matsumoku guitars. I paid around 120 for this not too long ago so would be looking for about the same.

Pics (more of scratches, available, PM me)

DSCF1607.jpg

DSCF1608.jpg

DSCF1609.jpg

Possible Sales: Ibanez SZ's

I have two Ibanez SZ's I may consider selling.

The first is an SZ320 which has had the pickups replaced with an EMG81/85 set. Has the 18v mod which you can read about HERE and both the 9V batteries are wired in series with separate mountings inside the cavity where the controls are. Due to the wiring one pot is redundant. Has a bit of wear under the bridge pickup where the picking hand would rest (shown in pics) and a few scratches on the back but other than that in great condition. Due to the mods a very unique guitar, would be looking for 320.

The second is an SZ520 which is in near mint condition. It is the model with the Seymour Duncan designed pickups. Sensible offers welcome

Pics of both

DSCF1594.jpg

SZ520

DSCF1599.jpg

DSCF1600.jpg

SZ320

DSCF1597.jpg

DSCF1601.jpg

Eastwood - 100

Aria RS Wildcat - 90

SZ320 w/ EMG's - 280

SZ520 - 160

These are fair prices for the guitars on offer. Will list on gumtree as well now and possibly ebay if I can be arsed, but I hate packing guitars for postage. Want 2 or 3 of these sold, the space is needed more than the cash!

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. Prices as above but I will consider sensible offers.

I've also potentially got one of these Gator Deluxe Molded Case for Electric Guitars: Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments for sale as I will have 3 of them very soon (the 2 I have at the moment barely have a scuff on them and one was only bought <2 months ago). If the guitars do go to ebay I would rather bundle it with one of the SZ's to lower postage hassle and risk. I would accept 320 for the SZ320 + hard case.

• 2 weeks later...

Another bump. The SZ320 is already on ebay with a BINOBO but I would rather sell locally (will be much cheaper too! Ebay is priced so I get the same money after 10% fees!). I'll hopefully get the other ones up this week when I get proper boxes for postage.

A reminder of prices. Offers welcome, cash preferred but may do trades.

Eastwood SG - £100 (the modifications to this guitar alone are worth most of the asking price!)

Aria RS Wildcat - £90 (where else will you get a well built japanese guitar for this price!)

SZ320 w/ EMG's - £280/ £320 with VGC ABS gator hard case (the pickups and hard case would set you back the best part of £250 brand new!)

SZ520 - £160 (This and the SZ320 are very similar to PRS guitars, similar fretboard size and neck profile, very good guitars and online reviews compare them favourably to PRS SE models)

I play an SZ520 and I can vouch for how great they are. At £160 you're getting a bargain! The comparison with the PRS SE is fair, the profile of the neck and the weight/feel of the body is very PRS. What finish is your one keeno? The photobucket links appear to be dead :(

The Duncan-designed pickups are ok, I replaced with some EMGs and it sounds huge.

• Upvote 1

I play an SZ520 and I can vouch for how great they are. At £160 you're getting a bargain! The comparison with the PRS SE is fair, the profile of the neck and the weight/feel of the body is very PRS. What finish is your one keeno? The photobucket links appear to be dead :(

The Duncan-designed pickups are ok, I replaced with some EMGs and it sounds huge.

Did you stick EMG81/85's in it? If so almost identical to the SZ320 I am selling ;) The only real difference between the SZ320 and SZ520 is the quilted maple cap on the SZ520. The SZ320 is an all mahogany body.

The photobucket links work fine for me when you click the spoiler button. Strange. Anyway here is a direct link to it -> http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww3/keenothebeano/Guitar%20Pics/DSCF1594.jpg SZ520 on the left SZ230 on the right.

Here are some better pics of the SZ320 for anyone interested (hopefully someone will, it's a fantastic guitar and I think the price I am selling it for with the modifications done is great value! The 18V mod does make a difference. Makes it sound a bit less sterile and a bit nearer to a Seymour Duncan Blackout, I've got an all mahogany RG with an EMG81/85 and the single 9V battery if anyone wants to test this!)

DSCF1706.jpg

DSCF1712.jpg

DSCF1714.jpg

Did you stick EMG81/85's in it? If so almost identical to the SZ320 I am selling ;) The only real difference between the SZ320 and SZ520 is the quilted maple cap on the SZ520. The SZ320 is an all mahogany body.

The photobucket links work fine for me when you click the spoiler button. Strange. Anyway here is a direct link to it -> http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww3/keenothebeano/Guitar%20Pics/DSCF1594.jpg SZ520 on the left SZ230 on the right.

Here are some better pics of the SZ320 for anyone interested (hopefully someone will, it's a fantastic guitar and I think the price I am selling it for with the modifications done is great value! The 18V mod does make a difference. Makes it sound a bit less sterile and a bit nearer to a Seymour Duncan Blackout, I've got an all mahogany RG with an EMG81/85 and the single 9V battery if anyone wants to test this!)

DSCF1706.jpg

DSCF1712.jpg

DSCF1714.jpg

Awesome! My work's interwebs wouldn't show the pics but I see them now, it's a beauty!

Yeah, I put the 81/85 in mine and it sounds huge :)

I'm tempted myself tbh cos I love mine but I don't think I can really justify it ;)

Someone is going to get a bargain.

Needing to trim down my collection. Simply not enough space in the flat I live in! Sensible offers welcome. I live less than 10 mins walk from Captain Toms so if you practice there give me a buzz and I can bring any of them around.

Eastwood Corona SG Copy:

Has had the pickups replaced with a V7/V8 combo from an Ibanez RG and stock tuners replace with Kluson tuners. Good condition barring a small ding on the front at the top of the body and a larger one on the rear of the guitar. Slight issue with the pickups being a bit far away from the strings but I have new pickup rings on the way and I should have this sorted in a few days. 140 ono

Pics

DSCF1604.jpg

DSCF1605.jpg

Some more info HERE

Reviews can be found here: Guitars: Corona T SG by Eastwood Guitars | Harmony Central

Aria Pro II RS Wildcat

1985 Matsumoku (well known Japanese factory, famous for Westone guitars but also made for aria, washburn and others) made superstrat. h/s/s pickups, push/pull coil tap for the humbucker on tone control. I believe it is alder body, maple neck w/ rosewood fingerboard. ACT tremolo double locking tremolo system. Note trem arm and the nuts for the locking nut are missing. Incredibly cheap to replace these and I may do it myself soon. Biggest problem with this guitar is quite a lot of buckle rash in keeping with a guitar of this age and quite a lot of scratches at the top of the back of the body. Not very deep though and looks like quick touch up with black paint would render them almost invisible should this be desired. Incredibly well built as with all Matsumoku guitars. I paid around 120 for this not too long ago so would be looking for about the same.

Pics (more of scratches, available, PM me)

DSCF1607.jpg

DSCF1608.jpg

DSCF1609.jpg

Possible Sales: Ibanez SZ's

I have two Ibanez SZ's I may consider selling.

The first is an SZ320 which has had the pickups replaced with an EMG81/85 set. Has the 18v mod which you can read about HERE and both the 9V batteries are wired in series with separate mountings inside the cavity where the controls are. Due to the wiring one pot is redundant. Has a bit of wear under the bridge pickup where the picking hand would rest (shown in pics) and a few scratches on the back but other than that in great condition. Due to the mods a very unique guitar, would be looking for 320.

The second is an SZ520 which is in near mint condition. It is the model with the Seymour Duncan designed pickups. Sensible offers welcome

Pics of both

DSCF1594.jpg

SZ520

DSCF1599.jpg

DSCF1600.jpg

SZ320

DSCF1597.jpg

DSCF1601.jpg

Hi i'll snaffle the sz320 if its still going

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another timely bump. Someone was interested in the Eastwood but they said they would get back over a week ago and no reply so it's up for sale again.

Eastwood SG style guitar- £100

Aria Pro II RS Wildcat - £90

SZ320 w/ EMG's - £280/ £320 with VGC ABS gator hard case

Line 6 Pocket Pod £40

If someone buys the SZ320 without the case that will be up for grabs too.

• 3 weeks later...

Bump. offers welcome as always.

Eastwood SG style guitar- £100

Aria Pro II RS Wildcat - £90

SZ320 w/ EMG's - £280 or £320 with VGC ABS gator hard case

Line 6 Pocket Pod £40

Modded Boss MT-2 metal zone £25. Has become something of an aberdeen music relic owned by about half the forum. Have a tube OD pedal so no need for it anymore.

Fair doos, I already have some simliar guitars, two Gibson Les Pauls for example, but for £50 it would be worth be buying to fuck about with and mod. Anymore than that and it wouldn't. :)

I think this makes a much better base for modifying than any £50 you will find. They were $380 guitars brand new and most of the issues people complained about were tuner/pickup/nut related. 2 of 3 of which have been changed on this and a graphtech nut won't set you back much at all. Other than that maybe a pickup change if you don't like the Ibanez ones? It will be much easier to get a good sounding and playing guitar out of this than any entry level guitar that needs a lot of work done.

http://www.guitarscanada.com/showthread.php?t=9933&p=355621#post355621 Never played an epiphone or a gibson so couldn't comment on that but even the rest of the thread agrees with changes they're decent. Fatboy on this forum has played it, ask his opinion!

Incidentally everything bar the Aria is on ebay at the moment so if anyone would like the pocket pod or boss MT-2 they will be gone by Sunday. Ibanez and Eastwood are BINOBO auctions with markups to cover ebay/paypal fees and a bit of haggling.

• 3 weeks later...

The Eastwood Corona is now gone. Still left are

Aria RS Pro II Wildcat - £80

Ibanez SZ 320 w EMG's - £270 or £310 with hard case.

**new addition**

Raven West RG650 -> I got this brand new a few months ago as a project guitar but with a forthcoming arrival it is unlikely I will bother doing anything to it. Ibanez RG style, mahogany body with spalted maple cap. All the info is on this ebay listing -> http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RAVEN-WEST-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-650-BLEMISH-/380356212246?pt=Guitar&hash=item588eff3616 but the models have since been updated to black hardware. This is mint condition. I have played it for a few hours in the time I have owned it and kept it in a hard case when not in use. Only one issue with the guitar which was there when I got it (and hardly worth sending it back to the USA for) is the screws on the pickup selector are loose so the switch falls back into the body when pressure is applied. I will look into getting screws to fix this though. I was going to change pickups/electrics and the floyd to black in line with the new models. Pics in the spoiler £220 ono.

DSCF1731.jpg

DSCF1727.jpg

DSCF1729.jpg

Made a mistake in listing, it's maple body with spalted maple top. Bridge pickup has push/pull coil tap on the tone knob. The ebay listing was working last night but seems to be broken now... anyway I'll put the specs in a spoiler along with a pic of the new model.

Model: 650 SP GS

Width at Nut: 1 11/16th

Guitar Scale: 25 1/2

Neck Material: Hard Maple

Body Material: Spalted maple

Fingerboard/Fretboard Material: Ebony

Number of Frets: 24

Number of Strings: 6

Neck Pickup: B+G

Bridge Pickup: B+G

Tuners: Wilkinson

Number of Pickups: 2