aberdeen-music

Norway Killings.

This is fucking mental. Awful stuff. Some of the descriptions of what it was like at the summer camp are absolutely horrible.

And how fucking terrible is The Sun? http://i.imgur.com/BJSjH.jpg

What's especially terrible about The Sun's cover? Sensationalist bullshit, but I thought they did that every day? Or was it labelling it an Al Qaeda attack? Again crap journalism is not exactly unheard of from them

It is unbelievable just how many lives he took at the camp. A proper tragedy that. Hopefully he was just a mentally unstable individual rather than this being planned by an organisation. The world already has enough terrorists without them spreading to previously quite peaceful places

yeah i went to bed and the number was around 20, now its over 90. what the fuck!

im over in norweigan waters just now and the only brit on board the vessel, needless to say its been a pretty sombre atmosphere on here the last day.

i will be amazed if no-one here has relations/friends that have been affected in some way by this.

Like was said, hopefully its just a one off nut job and not the start of an organisation making a statement, im supposed to be flying back from Stavanger on tuesday so hope damn sure its just him!

Such a tragedy.

How was he captured? Ran out of bullets and not manage to do himself, or does he think this is going to give him some elevated status now that everyone knows him?

Apparently, he wants a chance to explain himself and he may have deliberately targeted the Labour youth movement to basically cull future political opposition in Norway.

What's especially terrible about The Sun's cover? Sensationalist bullshit, but I thought they did that every day? Or was it labelling it an Al Qaeda attack? Again crap journalism is not exactly unheard of from them

I wasn't suggesting it was surprising or new for them. But still jumping the gun labelling it an al-qaeda attack and their 9/11 is on the bad end of even their scale. Even worse when it takes up less space than those two vitally important ads above it.

Apparently, he wants a chance to explain himself and he may have deliberately targeted the Labour youth movement to basically cull future political opposition in Norway.

That's what's been reported anyway. Strongly against the labour government. He was apparently responsible for the bomb as well. Set up an Organic farm company and ordered 12 tonnes on fertiliser.

Not heard much in the last few hours but apparently he was co-operating with the police and all that. It's achieved his horrible goal though hasn't it. His own political message is now going to reach the whole country. Really sad.

That's what's been reported anyway. Strongly against the labour government. He was apparently responsible for the bomb as well. Set up an Organic farm company and ordered 12 tonnes on fertiliser.

Not heard much in the last few hours but apparently he was co-operating with the police and all that. It's achieved his horrible goal though hasn't it. His own political message is now going to reach the whole country. Really sad.

Well, I expect it'll backfire and the people will rally around their government and the party and this guy will spend the rest of his days on this island with people being nice to him so he feels like a real scumbag:

Have to be honest and say that my initial reaction was 'Muslim Extremism'. Half the people in my office are Norwegian and nobody could understand why Norway would be attacked given it is one of the nations most open and accepting of all people. Of course it now seems that it is exactly this that was at the root of the attack.

We did speculate about the prophet Muhammed cartoons too. Perhaps we could all be experts on the news.

Very sad day in the office, 2 people had relatives on the island - one is missing and one is in hospital having been shot.

He expects that by 2083, there will have been 45000 'Cultural Marxists' executed and a million injured, and that his side will have won by then. They won't because we will string them up first, one by fucking one if need be, although it will never come to that, as his cause is only supported by a tiny proportion of severely mentally impaired and deranged sadists, rather than the populist millions they imagine in the grip of their collective delusions.

• Upvote 1

I remember the impact the Dunblane killings had on Scotland ... this is worse ... much worse for Norway.. really tragic. I dont believe this story that he was acting alone. Its hard to defend against a lunatic like this... Everyone in Norway will know someone involved directly or one step removed.

awful.

It seems the hearing will not be public. I doubt a media blackout will be possible though.

I think all/most of the Norwegian outlets would comply, as it is the only way to stop the scumbag achieving the thing he set out to do, widely disseminating his noxious viewpoint. His whole raison d'etre was to use his trial as a fascist rallying point, if all news outlets in the world restricted themselves to only reporting the case from the point of what was done, and published not a word of his moronic ideology, then the scummy fool would die knowing he had done nothing to advance his cause, not that he would ever understand just how infintessimally small the number of those who shared his views are.

Someone will probably kill him in a Viking blood feud now/sometime, hopefully slowly.*

*I think I don't mean it, but can't really be sure.

I think all/most of the Norwegian outlets would comply, as it is the only way to stop the scumbag achieving the thing he set out to do, widely disseminating his noxious viewpoint. His whole raison d'etre was to use his trial as a fascist rallying point, if all news outlets in the world restricted themselves to only reporting the case from the point of what was done, and published not a word of his moronic ideology, then the scummy fool would die knowing he had done nothing to advance his cause, not that he would ever understand just how infintessimally small the number of those who shared his views are.

Someone will probably kill him in a Viking blood feud now/sometime, hopefully slowly.*

*I think I don't mean it, but can't really be sure.

Even if he is given a platform I doubt he'll be seen as anything other than a deranged lunatic. The only concern is that he may provide inspiration for some other creep to do similar.

Editorial in Israel's Jerusalem Post

Perhaps Breivik's inexcusable act of vicious terror should serve not only as a warning that there may be more elements on the extreme Right willing to use violence to further their goals, but also as an opportunity to seriously re-evaluate policies for immigrant integration in Norway and elsewhere.

:moody:

Turns out Cowardy Scum is a big fan of Melanie Philips, who would have guessed.

The Daily Mail, not racist, but #1 with racists.*

"Among hundreds of references Breivik cites are several well-known British newspaper columnists and articles in publications across the political spectrum.

Melanie Phillips, of the Daily Mail, is quoted at length, including an opinion piece about Labour's immigration policy which is included in full.

Attacking the rise in immigration, she remarks: "It was done to destroy for ever what it means to be culturally British and to put another 'multicultural' identity in its place."

He also cites an article by Jeremy Clarkson, the Top Gear presenter and Sunday Times columnist, about the flag of St George stating: "This is the only country in the world where the national flag is deemed offensive."

Norway attack live coverage: Anders Behring Breivik in court | News | guardian.co.uk

Perhaps there is no such thing as harmless invective.

*yes

No, you also have to have the misguided belief that your own country, race/ethnicity are superior. But Philips is an intemperate, intolerant and malicious person who makes her money through vicious slurs, untruths and just plain made-up-shit. I find it interesting that she is the sort of writer that the nutbag is interested in reading, but not surprised that there is consonance between them.

And I am saying that her invective, because that's all it is, is harmful.

EDIT, wow, her website is worse than Peter Dow's, and as serious.