aberdeen-music

Amy Winehouse Dead

Sam 45

bit harsh bob, she was never my cup of tea but its sad to see her dead, should never have been pushed into playing that gig a few months ago, i would say i bet her record people feel bad now, but they wont, they will make more money off her in the next two weeks than they have in the past two years.

a waste of a talanted singer in my opinion.

this. this is right. amy winehouse wasn't everyones cup of tea but her death is tragic. it's rightly in the news as she meant a lot to her family, a huge amount of fans and to the music industry but it's obviously not comparable to the tragedy in norway.

it's fine to not like her, it's fine to not have sympathy but it's a bit off to take the opportunity now to gloat in this. i hope she's remembered for her music but not as some kind of martyr.

Exactly.

Personally, I didn't like her music but I can appreciate that she was talented ( I know that sound contradictory).

Music aside... people give Amy Winehouse a hard time i.e "fucking junkie".

Hendrix, Moon, Cobain, Stanley etc... Why should they be revered and Amy's hated? ( again, music aside)

Dan Wooton (ex-NOTW) just said this is more newsworthy than Norway.

It sickens me to think that Sunday papers will splash with this over a shooting killing 90(!) people.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against Winehouse or anything; it's just sad that it will cloud over the ACTUAL news.

Its very sad when anybody dies in those kind of circumstances, she had a very troubled life, drink, drugs etc...some might well say self-inflicted, but she had good musical talent, even if she was not everyone's cup of tea.... lots of people will miss her, and 27 IS very young !... well she's matched someone she said was her idol, Janis Joplin, and ended her life too early and tragically !

Unfortunately or fortunately, however you want to look at it, I thought she would be a candidate for early burnout......and she's earned me some points in the Dead Pool... shame though !

o_O

Exactly.

Personally, I didn't like her music but I can appreciate that she was talented ( I know that sound contradictory).

Hendrix, Moon, Cobain, Stanley etc... Why should they be revered and Amy's hated? ( again, music aside)

Stanley who? Or, Who Stanley?

Hendrix, Moon, Cobain, Stanley etc... Why should they be revered and Amy's hated?

Being canonised takes time but someone already compared her to The Beatles today and another news commentator said that she'd, "revitalised the popularity of the female vocal", as if oestrogen had at some point become the death knell to the dream of a career in the music industry. I also heard someone give her the epitaph "One of the most important artists of the century".

Settle down chum, we're only getting started.

The worst part of the reporting today was when a BBC news anchor began reading out twitter comments from other celebrities. "Celebrity X said, 'OMG! Amy's dead! RIP'"

The BBC now reports death with OMGs from celebrity twitter streams?

:down:

i would say i bet her record people feel bad now

I'd hope that those who knew her will, but someone upstairs could well be rubbing their hands with glee tonight. Somewhere they may just have an album of incoherent wailing lying around they otherwise would have had to market for dogs.

Does anyone know: is there a word or a phrase which describes a mass outpouring of over-exaggerated grief, expressed with platitudes and moments of outstanding individual grandstanding from a two-faced public, many of whom just want to get their faces on TV and talk shit to the exact same reporters who revelled in the misery of their victim while they were still living? There should be. To me Amy Winehouse was a just a poor wee train-wreck who made shit records. I would never have wished her any ill. The rest of them are a bunch of cunts.

To put it another way:

OMG! RIP! Heaven has another angel in its choir tonight.

Exactly.

they weren't lampooned in the media for half a decade and/or called people cunts on stage?

it is more tragic since she actually died though.

Crap music by a crap 'artist' who looked absolutely hideous before she let herself go. Biggest hit was a rip-off. Prepare for lots of people on TV speaking a heap of shit.

'Best British act since The Beatles' my arse.

I agree with this. Shame she died but she's no nick drake.

Not a fan, but 27 is too young for anyone to die whether they are a "star" or otherwise. She was who she was whether people in the world, or indeed some on this forum, loved her or hated her (as it seems a few did) makes no difference to the end result.

I remember when Bonham died there were many "RIP" messages in the music mags of the day. Do you think some Cliff Richard or Pilot fans were saying thank fuck, or good riddance or whatever? I doubt it. If you didn't like her, then don't fucking go on about it.

The best i have seen so far is someone posting to complain that he is reading nothing about Norway and heaps about Winehouse, yet when you look through his posts there is NOTHING about Norway and three about Winehouse, if your going to try and take the moral high ground at least be on it!

• Upvote 1

The best i have seen so far is someone posting to complain that he is reading nothing about Norway and heaps about Winehouse, yet when you look through his posts there is NOTHING about Norway and three about Winehouse, if your going to try and take the moral high ground at least be on it!

I really dont understand why people are comparing/connecting the two and why people are kicking up a fuss about one being more prevalent than the other especially on social networking sites. people are shite, we're all fucked.

• Upvote 1

well, we can at least be thankful that the 'community' is now approaching the standard of its heyday due to this thread.

just needs someone ranting about israel and calling everyone shitheads. not have the passion for it personally though so someone else can step up.