aberdeen-music

Amy Winehouse Dead

Sam 45

Very sad.

She should never have been allowed to go on stage a few weeks ago. That seemed to be the turning point for many to turn against her.

Got a feeling that today might be the effects of that although she did have serious issue already.

Not my type of music but I could appreciate she was highly talented.

Such a shame. Only wish she could have been helped and have accepted help earlier.

Regardless of your thoughts on her music/drug habit, a mother has lost a daughter and lots of people have lost a friend.

I generally don't have much sympathy with drug users who die from drug abuse, but until that is confirmed or denied, it's a little unjust to be spouting "SHOULD HAVE GONE TO REHAB LOL"

It also seems to be far overshadowing the recent events in Norway, which is a little ridiculous.

Regardless of your thoughts on her music/drug habit, a mother has lost a daughter and lots of people have lost a friend.

I generally don't have much sympathy with drug users who die from drug abuse, but until that is confirmed or denied, it's a little unjust to be spouting "SHOULD HAVE GONE TO REHAB LOL"

It also seems to be far overshadowing the recent events in Norway, which is a little ridiculous.

this. this is right. amy winehouse wasn't everyones cup of tea but her death is tragic. it's rightly in the news as she meant a lot to her family, a huge amount of fans and to the music industry but it's obviously not comparable to the tragedy in norway.

it's fine to not like her, it's fine to not have sympathy but it's a bit off to take the opportunity now to gloat in this. i hope she's remembered for her music but not as some kind of martyr.

• Upvote 1

Understandable that you would forget

Yes, I'm usually lurking around in general, seems like actually discussing music on here caused everyone to have a hissy fit circa 2006/7 and request they be deleted lol.

shame what happened to her anyway, used to be peng before she was skeng.