aberdeen-music

Bike Theft College Street Car Park

Cabbage

I had my bike stolen from the College Street Car park on Tuesday. I was speaking to the Security guys there yesterday and they told me the place has become a bit of a target recently, about 4 bikes in a single month have been stolen. Just thought I'd give a heads up to anyone here as there is absolutely no warnings or anything in the car park itself.

My bike lock (a combination curly cable type) was cut with bolt crops and the bike gone within 60seconds of the guys entering the car park. Make sure you have some solid security and a shite bike if you are leaving it in that car park!!

Get one of these beasts:

abus%20city%20chain%20xplus%201060.jpg

Pricey and bulky, but worth it. Use it to attach one wheel and the frame to the post/pole/whatever. Also get a standard U-lock and attach it to your other wheel and the frame so the minks don't decide to just steal that. It happened to one of my mates when he was in college and had to walk home to Hazlehead with one wheel.

Also get a standard U-lock and attach it to your other wheel and the frame so the minks don't decide to just steal that. It happened to one of my mates when he was in college and had to walk home to Hazlehead with one wheel.

Friend of mine had his bike totally locked down on little Belmont St.: Kryptonite Fahgettaboudit around wheel/frame/post and Kryptoflex around the front wheel. Somebody stole the fucking skewer from his rear wheel.