aberdeen-music

David Officer Photography

framheim

I've just redesigned my website again and put up a couple of blogs with Iceland photos and heaps of Puffin shots. I know there's no music photos on there but maybe some folks are interested in landscape and wildlife photography too :)

David Officer Photography

There's a few tweaks to make but if anything's looking a bit weird or odd then do let me know and I'll add them to the list.

My next exhibition will be part of North East Open Studios at the Waldorf School in Cults, 10th - 18th of September.

• Upvote 1

wow, thanks for the great feedback chaps!

iceland is well worth a visit but it is expensive. i'd been banging on about going for years and my generous wife and family bought me excursions and trips for my birthday last year which made it easier. booze and hotels are pricey but the standard of food is pretty high, the beer is pretty poor though.

currently I use a Nikon d700 with a 24-70mm f2.8 Nikon lens for landscapes and a 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 for wildlife. I need to replace the long zoom though with a prime telephoto but that's incredible amounts of money. I have other lenses and things that I use for shooting macro and playing with other ideas but those are the two i use most.

"I wasn't couldn't drinking" is a good song name.

That Raptor world, despite not housing actual dinosaurs, looks fucking amazing. I love wolves and Birds of Prey (and Birds of a Feather, but thats for another time)

I MUST GO!

"I wasn't couldn't drinking" is a good song name.

That Raptor world, despite not housing actual dinosaurs, looks fucking amazing. I love wolves and Birds of Prey (and Birds of a Feather, but thats for another time)

I MUST GO!

This is quite possibly the strangest post I have ever read.

• 1 month later...

you should definitely go to raptor world. if you're a member of groupon they turn up there quite a bit for raptor handling days where you get to fly the birds and hold a fair few of them. amazing experience if you're into birds of prey.

i've been practicing a bit of insect macro photography recently: Photo of the Day - Female Emerald Damselfly

Inspired by me right?

lol, actually it probably did place it in my mind to give it another go. I'd been meaning to try damselflies for a while as there's hundreds in the nature garden behind the barn. It was going to the wildlife photographer of the year exhibition that really inspired it though. there was a great shot of a beetle balancing on the top of a flower.

• 9 months later...
I like it. It's simple and does what it needs to do. I always forget how much I like that 'Castaways' photo...did you ever put it up as a wallpaper-size download? I maybe already have it if so. Really good. What do you charge for prints?

cheers Adam, I'm sure I put it up as a download a while back. I can easy send you it if you let me know the resolution you need it in. Likewise, let me know the print size and i'll give you a price. Haven't put the ordering section up yet but it should be there later in the week.

cheers Adam, I'm sure I put it up as a download a while back. I can easy send you it if you let me know the resolution you need it in. Likewise, let me know the print size and i'll give you a price. Haven't put the ordering section up yet but it should be there later in the week.

Cool, thanks. Will measure up some walls and let you know. :up:

Only issue I have with the website is your Twitter feed which is way down at the bottom and narrow. Looks odd, would be better along the side of the page alongside the thumbnails IMO.

Great photography! I saw some of your stuff at James Kelly's gallery in Durno a couple of weeks ago - looked fantatic. When i eventually get round to buying a house i wil be decorating it with lovely photos from James' gallery for sure.

thanks paime! james is a good guy and his gallery is ace, well worth supporting!