aberdeen-music

Reputation ratings.

Lethal10

What's people's thoughts on this?

It seems a long established method on here, but is it time to move on and accept an opinion as an opinion and not suppress the opinion of others?

I've never actually given any feedback as I'm not a fan of the system although I've read some very worthwhile posts. Some not so good too but never rated either.

Looking at feedback for a lot of people it seems their attitude is primarily based of keeping a good reputation.

Be nice and score some points.

However when there is a chance to pounce on certain topics that it's obvious that will gain bad attention, they are in there first with their now sudden and vocal disapproval to gain points too.

There is such a tight small group on here who all support each other it ends up pushing others aside.

Is it time to stop people worrying about ratings and for every adult on here to accept an opinion as exactly that?

Sure there has to be moderation on any forum, but rather than the centripetal figures overpowering others around them, would it not be best to just have adults with an equal status?

• Upvote 1

What's people's thoughts on this?

It seems a long established method on here, but is it time to move on and accept an opinion as an opinion and not suppress the opinion of others?

I've never actually given any feedback as I'm not a fan of the system although I've read some very worthwhile posts. Some not so good too but never rated either.

Looking at feedback for a lot of people it seems their attitude is primarily based of keeping a good reputation.

Be nice and score some points.

However when there is a chance to pounce on certain topics that it's obvious that will gain bad attention, they are in there first with their now sudden and vocal disapproval to gain points too.

There is such a tight small group on here who all support each other it ends up pushing others aside.

Is it time to stop people worrying about ratings and for every adult on here to accept an opinion as exactly that?

Sure there has to be moderation on any forum, but rather than the centripetal figures overpowering others around them, would it not be best to just have adults with an equal status?

Achievement.aspx?text=Get%20a%20job

• Upvote 2

I fucking care because getting lots of rep makes me feel good. I like it when I get reputation points for saying something funny and I like having a relatively high amount. It's a very important thing. Fuck you, Lethal10.

I fucking care because getting lots of rep makes me feel good. I like it when I get reputation points for saying something funny and I like having a relatively high amount. It's a very important thing. Fuck you, Lethal10.

LOL.

They obvious mean a lot to many.

I've just found that websites that just allow people to post freely usually have a better ambience to them.

One or two sites I used in the past had a whole host of guys who would 5 star anything a mate said and 1 star good posts due to a personal rivalry/dislike.

As soon as the reputation/rating scores went discussions were a bit more level headed, fair and less bickering too.

I also find it's more welcoming to newer members too.

I have noticed in the past that some folk are on here for a couple of months and their rep goes way up even though I can't see any value in their posts. It's good I think to get some good rep as it make you think that someone out there agrees with you, are appreciates a piece of advice you have giving them. But there is a close group of people on here how seem to get all the rep. This is not a problem, but does seem to indicate that they are some sort of guru's in the music field. Anyway no big deal. :popcorn:

But there is a close group of people on here how seem to get all the rep. This is not a problem, but does seem to indicate that they are some sort of guru's in the music field. Anyway no big deal. :popcorn:

That's because they say the best things. And are probably the most handsome.

I find I only get rep if I have really pushed the boat out and gone the extra mile, either with something incisive, (occasionally) amusing or exhaustively knowledgeable. In this respect, I have no complaints about the system and I think my current rep reflects how I see myself - not a regular poster but capable of making a worthwhile contribution now and again.

everytime you post anything to do with ainsley i +rep if i've spread the rep love around enough.

it seriously makes my day when you get riled up about ainsley.

i got neg rep for saying that ryan dunn was a douchebag. go figure.