aberdeen-music

The Village Studio

Kingbass

Hi Ya'll, Just thought I'd bring to your attention a new recording facility for local bands and musicians. The web site is very basic, but the idea was just to list some details on the studio etc. Here's a sample track from the studio. Shaker 2am by Ronny W on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

And here's the studio details.. The Village Recording Studio

How big's the hall you're gonna be using? What mics have you got? Any pictures of the actual studio?

1/ How big's the hall you're gonna be using?

A: I don't use the hall as such. I use the stage area. I close the heavy curtains on the stage to avoid too much ambience and room sound on the kit. However, I do set up room mics in the hall to get a huge sound when required.

2/ What mics have you got?

A: Quite a large selection with some of the usual suspects, SM57', AKG D112, Beyer 201, Sennheiser E 604's. A couple of tasty ones, Coles 4038 ribbons ( x2), Neuman TLM 103.

3/ Any pictures of the actual studio?

A Yes!!

Many thanks.

I got to track three and it was a toss up between listening to track four and killing myself so stopped.

Fair enough mate, it's not your cup of tea. One thing I will say is that some of the musicians on that album are world class. The whole concept of the album was based around Status bass guitars.

I don't exactly see your band lighting up the charts? Better if you stick to your light weight folk music, real ale, and beards!! :up:

Fair enough mate, it's not your cup of tea. One thing I will say is that some of the musicians on that album are world class. The whole concept of the album was based around Status bass guitars.

I don't exactly see your band lighting up the charts? Better if you stick to your light weight folk music, real ale, and beards!! :up:

Fuck you, you fucking cunt. :up:

P.S. If 'lighting up the charts' is a yardstick, where exactly did any of the twelve tracks on that record get 'in the charts'?

[EDIT= Actually, I've maybe done you a disservice in that it's clear the production on those tracks is pretty decent. However, an issue remains that my band has been brought into the argument. Tell me why? If I was in a terrible band (which I'm clearly not 8-) ) would I not be allowed to comment? My opinion on anything should not be skewed by any band I'm in. I should be able to say a band is shit or production is shit on a recording without my own band being used as a basis for comparison.]

Uh oh... more facts being thrown about!

Do you find that being a dildo brings in the customers? Or is it a technique you've never really tried and you're hoping that it works?

I'm actually beginning to think you don't actually own a studio, you're just on here trolling. So far, so good :gringo:

ES5G1.gif

I want to be clear that I am no way slating the quality of the studio (be that production, equipment, experience or whatever)...I just have no measure of how good the claims are.

If the OP is able to send me a 'CD showreel' like he has mentioned previously, I'd be interested in hearing it. I can PM an address or an email address for a Dropbox deposit or whatevs.

I agree! Just like I should be able to air my views on studios! :up:

Yes, but the issue is with you using that as a marketing tool.

Look, I get what you're saying, largely, I'm not a massive fan of Aberdeen's existing studios (although we have found one that works very well for us and for me is the best engineer that the area has to offer by a mile, without compromise), but like has been said before, rather use the merits of your own studio to sell your business rather than playing on the supposed weaknesses of other competing businesses.

FWIW I am still completely undecided about your studio. Please provide an example of something you have recorded in the vein of the band I play in.

Fuck it, i'll bite.

and who the fuck are you? You have mentioned world class, top quality bullshit since you got on here however long ago but you haven't shown a single shred of evidence or mentioned a single name. Deportees are a very well thought of band around aberdeen, they may not be lighting up the charts, but they are very good and well respected musicians in and around aberdeen as well as having individuals who did very well for themselves in other bands. Maybe nothing as big as world class, but they have solid evidence of being great musicians and a great band as oppose to you talking yourself up with nothing to show for.

How's this for a name? Worked on various projects with this chap!

Steve Anderson Productions

Also played with these guys for 2 years!! Wolfstone - Home

There's a difference between someone saying they don't like certain bands/music and someone who is trying to tout for business slagging off well established competitors. The problem isnt in the fact your slagging them off but rather you slag them off in one hand and then try to tout for business with the next. Working with world class acts doesnt make your opinion on this any more valid than anyone elses.

As a businessman, even if you truly believe what you say about other studios, you'll get a better response if you concentrate on why your good, not why they're bad. Stop slagging everyone else and just tell us why your good, not why your better than the others, because that could only make you average if they're as bad as you say, why you're so good.