aberdeen-music

Stolen bass amp

MrAnderson

Hi all,

I have just discovered my bass amp was stolen from my car last night (not smart to leave it in the car, I know...); if anyone sees or hears anything that may help, please let me know!

Police already know the car was broken into, so will inform them of the theft, and also get in touch with cash converters.

The amp was an Ashdown 'electric blue'...180w, 15" speaker combo, see below; it's the same model as the picture, but with a felt covering.

Ashdown Engineering | Bass Amplification

amp1_thumb.jpg

Cheers for the help, hard lesson learned :(

Ah mate that sucks, sorry to hear that. How was stored in the car? If it was hidden in the boot or under covers somewhere on the back seat then there's a good chance that your household insurance may pick it up. I work in the industry and also had the same thing happen with a Les Paul in Leeds and my insurance company paid for a new one. If you need any help with it then just drop me a line.

It wasn't well hidden unfortunately, as it's an estate car. Hadn't been too worried as I didn't think it would even be possible to get it out the rear window! Think we have good insurance on it but will have to check and see, will give you a shout if I need a hand, cheers PilotError!

Adam, it was just at the bottom of the Spital/Kings Cres, just up from the Jute St junction...not really a good place to leave it either...the amp was left in it from around 10pm Tues, so it happened sometime between then and 9am today.

Cheers all :(

Thanks also for that, HateEvent :) Was gonna nip in with a wee notice to stick up too just in case any customers have any info...

Fatboy, not sure what's happening with insurance as yet, but will give you a shout if they can't help. They smashed the rear screen and one of the quarter-light windows as well.

Cheers folks!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought.. I wonder how many of us are organised enough to have an inventory of our gear. I presume the police would want to know the serial number of anything reported to them as stolen, otherwise it's difficult to positively identify an item. Invisible UV pen marking might be a good idea too.

Just a thought.. I wonder how many of us are organised enough to have an inventory of our gear. I presume the police would want to know the serial number of anything reported to them as stolen, otherwise it's difficult to positively identify an item. Invisible UV pen marking might be a good idea too.

I have a note of all my serial numbers. I think I will put a name/address on the underside of any control cavity covers. I also have loads of photos of my basses.

If they can run while carrying my Ashdown ABM 4x10 cab then they're welcome to it ;)