aberdeen-music

New music/novelty shop

Guest droid

It was supposed to have opened on monday in the academy and will be there till the 29th before it moves to union sqaure.

Ex brucemiller worker i know was due to start on monday so im assuming it all went ahead.

Surely it doesn't make sense to lease a unit for less than a month, i heard it wasn't moving to Union Square at all. Allegedly the new store is to be in The Academy though ...just don't take pictures.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thought there would have been more intrest in this.

But anyway it opened this morning in the academy, havent been yet but from what ive heard theyve got a few good guitars.

They're an authorised fender dealer so thats me sorted. I'll never have to set foot in rnb again :D

Ladies and gents, you're all very welcome to come and visit our new store, "ii music", which did indeed open in the Academy Shopping Centre on Saturday 29th October! This is the second store to open in the "Imported Instruments" chain and I'm (Ramsay Clark) very proud to have been asked to be one of two Co-Managers here in the Aberdeen shop (Jamie Clafton is the other co-manager). You'll also find other familiar faces from both local musician and music retail spheres within our shop, and yes, we had been linked to a possible store opening in Union Square, but the Academy offered us the chance to open an even bigger store. We've already had a great selection of guitars, basses, amps, ukes, mandolins, keyboards, musical accessories, music books, tutorial DVDs, music gifts and clothing in place since Saturday, but in addition to this in the coming days, weeks and months we'll be selling orchestral instruments (brass, wind and string) and accessories and also electric pianos as well as extending our floor space even further by linking our two existing trading areas to create a very large and well-stocked music shop. We've had a stage built to encourage local musicians as well as local music tutors to perform on and advertise their services (one of whom, Paul Davidson (facebook.com/aberdeenmusicstudio), put on a great performance of classical guitar repertoire at our Grand Opening), and we also plan in the near future to be a source of great quality second-hand musical instruments and equipment as well as providing musical instrument and equipment servicing and repairs.

Hopefully we'll see you down here soon,

Ramsay Clark

Co-Manager

ii music Aberdeen

Units 1-3, 16 Academy Shopping Centre

Belmont Street

Aberdeen

0800 756 1312

Opening hours:

Mon - Sat - 10am-6pm

Sun - 12noon-5pm

http://www.iimusicshops.com/

http://www.mi-pro.co.uk/news/read/imported-instruments-reveals-opening-date/015891

Ladies and gents, you're all very welcome to come and visit our new store, "ii music", which did indeed open in the Academy Shopping Centre on Saturday 29th October! This is the second store to open in the "Imported Instruments" chain and I'm (Ramsay Clark) very proud to have been asked to be one of two Co-Managers here in the Aberdeen shop (Jamie Clafton is the other co-manager). You'll also find other familiar faces from both local musician and music retail spheres within our shop, and yes, we had been linked to a possible store opening in Union Square, but the Academy offered us the chance to open an even bigger store. We've already had a great selection of guitars, basses, amps, ukes, mandolins, keyboards, musical accessories, music books, tutorial DVDs, music gifts and clothing in place since Saturday, but in addition to this in the coming days, weeks and months we'll be selling orchestral instruments (brass, wind and string) and accessories and also electric pianos as well as extending our floor space even further by linking our two existing trading areas to create a very large and well-stocked music shop. We've had a stage built to encourage local musicians as well as local music tutors to perform on and advertise their services (one of whom, Paul Davidson (facebook.com/aberdeenmusicstudio), put on a great performance of classical guitar repertoire at our Grand Opening), and we also plan in the near future to be a source of great quality second-hand musical instruments and equipment as well as providing musical instrument and equipment servicing and repairs.

Hopefully we'll see you down here soon,

Ramsay Clark

Co-Manager

ii music Aberdeen

Units 1-3, 16 Academy Shopping Centre

Belmont Street

Aberdeen

0800 756 1312

Opening hours:

Mon - Sat - 10am-6pm

Sun - 12noon-5pm

http://www.iimusicshops.com/

http://www.mi-pro.co.uk/news/read/imported-instruments-reveals-opening-date/015891

Hey Ramsay......who's running the keyboard dept.?

I was in there on opening day on Saturday and it's great. Jamie and Willie were working and seemed genuinely touched by the amount of people dropping in to say hi and wish them good luck.

The guitar selection is already first rate.

Was in there today - great to see Jamie and Willie back in gainful employment and it's a nice shop too.

The only thing that spoiled it for us was the wee fannybaws who was widdling away mercilessly in the centre of the shop - bits of "Crazy Train" and "Scarified" - fucking Bravo :rockon:

Ask Santa for some "space" and a book of decent songs for Christmas.

I had a wee trip in there today to catch up with the guys. Really nice shop and a great, friendly atmosphere in there. It'll be better when they've knocked through the units to connect the shops but they've made the best of the situation so far. Nice range of stock too. Glad i've got somewhere comfortable to go if/when i need anything musical again.

Was in the shop yesterday, well laid out, spacious, bright and nice friendly atmosphere.... can't fault it !

I, of course, was in Fender heaven, with the selection they had....and couldn't resist having a shottie of the White American 60's classic Tele with rosewood board and mint green scratchplate..... lurvely !.. (no bugger buy it plz...I'm saving ! LOL)

I think when I'm in town, I'll be back in there quite often.....

• 1 month later...

Sadly there's still a lot to be learned regarding customer service. My wife went in looking for a specific item for a Christmas present and the chaps were very helpful. Took her details and said they would call once they'd looked into it. They never bothered to call back, not even to say they couldn't get it. I popped in at the weekend and wasn't even acknowledged in the store - in fact I felt quite awkward as all the staff were just talking amongst themselves behind the till.

I'm the kind of person that would rather buy locally, even if it means paying a little more and waiting a little later for my stuff. I'll not be asking them to order anything for me.

Sorry, but not all feedback is positive.