aberdeen-music

New music/novelty shop

Guest droid

Looks like it's going to be staffed by former Bruce Millers employees so that's in it's favour. I work right beside Union Square so imagine I'll be in there quite often for bits and bobs.

Loads of people said they wanted some competition for R&B once BMs shut - well now there is. Should be a good thing.

It can only be better than the instrument shop in Stonehaven...so that's a plus.

Hah, you say that but when I bought my head and cab I forgot to buy some speaker cable to connect the two. Tried Millers and a couple of other likely places to no avail but I was staying with my folks for a few weeks and nipped into Ma Simpsons who had loads.

Their instrument stock is pretty shite but then they're mostly catering to a beginners and youth market as everyone else will buy from Aberdeen or online.

Celtic Chords round the corner has some acoustic gear.

Guest droid
Looks like it's going to be staffed by former Bruce Millers employees so that's in it's favour.

Really ! Also judging by what kind stock they have in their Leith shop, i don't think R and B will have much to worry about.

I wasnt being negative. I meant in the sense that say...getting lots of money is better than getting some money. They're both good, but one is better than the other.

I'm a pretty big fan of Stonehaven, so please cease and desist with this slander.

Guest droid
Is that a question or a statement?

The press release on their website says it's being managed by Lauren from BM's and they're taking other staff members from there to the shop.

A statement !

Very nice selection of acoustics/bazoukis etc in the one in Stoney (Not Ma Simpson's, which is good for bits and bobs).

The Imported Instruments in Edinburgh always had a very nice selection of teles, some Godins and the odd second hand Gibson. Plus cheap stuff, strings, t-shirts, ukuleles etc.

• 2 months later...