aberdeen-music

Last Escape To Victory gig?

Graham Knight

i have just come from Drummonds where Escape To Victory ended the night with a high energy, crowd pleasing set.

Vocalist Jamie announced that it might be Escape To Victory's last gig.

Last time I saw Escape To Victory was at a very crowded Moorings where Jamie had a radio mike and leapt about all over the bar. I half expected him to kick the glasses as he ran along the bar itself. Tonight his gymanstics were limited by the length of the microphone cable, nevertheless he still bounced all over the monitors and leapt into the crowd.

All in all it was quite a night.

I have a feeling that we have not seen the last of Escape To Victory.

After all their work the band deserved to leave in a limo but instead Jamie unlocked his bike from the lampost next to Drummonds and then he cycled off into the night.

Thanks for coming down Graham and for the review. Jamie is off to Tennessee until December and Philip doesn't know what country he lives in now never mind in the future. Hopefully we'll be back next year in some form because it's a lot of fun.

Yeah thanks for that. I really hope it isn't our last but we'll have to see what happens when I return from America and Philip sorts out where he is going to do his PHD.

Last night was a lot of fun and was great to see familiar faces. Although it was unbearably hot on stage last night, I'm pretty sure Drummonds get their lamps from the same place Tropical hot-houses do.

Yeah thanks for that. I really hope it isn't our last but we'll have to see what happens when I return from America and Philip sorts out where he is going to do his PHD.

Last night was a lot of fun and was great to see familiar faces. Although it was unbearably hot on stage last night, I'm pretty sure Drummonds get their lamps from the same place Tropical hot-houses do.

Hey Jamie.

I was working, I wished I'd come to see this show, sounds frantic in the best way.