aberdeen-music

Baby shambles @ Lemon Tree

Guest prerogative

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest prerogative

sorry i was just soo excited i announced the gig a little to premature, but, i went along yesterday and tickets or onsale today or the coming days. i just get news of something good and have to spread the word

Not really that surprising, but the whole ticket situation is turning a bit of a farce!!!!!!

Although tickets did go on sale this morning they have now been withdrawn because, according to the Lemon Tree, "nobody knows where the boy is".

I suppose it wouldn't be a Pete Doherty gig without all the confusion and this is probably just the start of it.

Oh what fun!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually saw him last week, in a pub/club called Barfly in Camden.He was supposed to play a gig there, but in true dramatic fashion he started complaining that the club were not admitting enough punters and stormed out.Bit up his own arse at times, doncha think?.Still, it beats listening to Keane and the like, so he cant be that bad!!

Guest prerogative

word on the 'street' is that what will become of the likley lads is to be the next release for the libertines, released date 18th october, just passing it on for those who might be of interest.

Guest prerogative

not official yet, maybe just maybe, hopefully can nick number 1, even if it don't, where's all the haters now? ey? i'd just like to say i told you so, sheer amazing. about time too, after hitting just out of the top 10, and then peter solo to number 7 and then, today we'll know,

i know this for sure, on wednesday libertines were 16000 behind whatever was lying ahead(too lazy to check) and libertines had only sold 16000 :(

and, aye, ironic, it's one big soap opera :up:

Guest prerogative

14.50? RIP OFF!

shame on lemon tree! first baby shambles gig i went to cost me 4! and i aint paid over 7.50 since, what the fuck is up lemon tree? shame on you!

Guest prerogative

you're in for a riot should all go to plan!

four, all down south!, well one of 'em was a baby shambles under the alias of 'the libertines', lady shambles makes for a nice sight. and treat you are, as is everyone who goes along. so is lemon tree now selling at the box office too?

edit; don't expect the libertines m'friend, maybe some of the songs from the new album yes, becasue they're mostly babyshambles songs in the first place(ala written by SIR peter;)) but if it's a peter doherty crowd and not that of ill viewed aberdoonians then it will be a blast,

Guest prerogative

shant be acoustic, and i'm sure they'll drown out the chaps speaking away

by the way, Can't stand me now, the new single, straight in at number 2 in the UK hit top 40, wooohooo!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Peter's problems are an illness and to make fun of his addiction or joke about his death is way below the belt.

Picking up a syringe and pumping shit into your bloodstream is not an illness. Cancer is an illness, being a heroin addict isn't.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Great Northern Road?

Well I suppose that make you qualified to comment.

You'll find that it's my 3 years experience working in the field of mental health that makes me qualified to comment. Lots of self-inflicted drug-induced psychosis around these days. And why get so personal? I was simply stating a fact. Are there lots of junkies on Great Northern Road? I wouldn't think any more so than anywhere else, it IS 3 miles long. You sound like a fucking snob, quite honestly.

sounds good! lets hope it goes ahead and abdn make him welcome and the crowd manage to keep quiet. Thats my only problem with the lemon tree the bloody people who turn up to a gig and chat constantly :rolleyes:

thats not really a problem with the lemon tree itself, that happens at almost every show, whatever the venue.

Not really that surprising' date=' but the whole ticket situation is turning a bit of a farce!!!!!!

Although tickets did go on sale this morning they have now been withdrawn because, according to the Lemon Tree, "nobody knows where the boy is".

I suppose it wouldn't be a Pete Doherty gig without all the confusion and this is probably just the start of it.

Oh what fun!!!!!!!!!!![/quote']

They are now onsale. Apologies for any inconvenice through the dealy on sales, we just had to iron out a few details with the promotor (who set the ticket price).

Bullet UK Promotions present

Babyshambles plus support

Wednesday the 29th of September

The Lemon Tree

Doors 7.30pm | support 8.00pm

Tickets 12.50 plus 1.50 booking fee.