aberdeen-music

What is your avatar?!

Guest E.C

On 4 March 2016 at 7:07 PM, Improved Thinker said:

Sorry to change my avatar so quickly but the sight of McDonald's was getting annoying.

I did not know what to pick so decided to go for Jack Black who is one of my favorite people.

It's a shame that you've decided to pick Jack Black because it automatically makes all of your posts annoying 

2 minutes ago, Stroopy121 said:

The best thing Jack Black has ever done is the fake movie that Pam, Jim and Andy watch in the Office where he is in love with Cloris Leachman.

xx

Good call. Jack Black is great at fake OTT crying on screen. Probably the best.

He's good in the Community episode too, for the same reasons.

• 3 months later...
25 minutes ago, Soda van Jerk said:

Man, I haven't seen a penny floater in ages. Do they still make them? Mine was a 'Cup Champions' brand. It unsurprisingly ended up being floated up onto the roof of the school. RIP. 

I'm sure we used to go through about three every school lunchtime. They'd either float on to the roof, over the playground wall into someone's garden or get burst on something innocuous. I saw that one today in a pound shop in Edinburgh, was tempted to buy one for a kickabout in my mates back garden but it would have probably ended up over the fence in about 10 seconds. Shoot 5 was always the brand leader. They were actually better once they'd gone a bit flat. Had a bit more weight behind them. 

Edited by Lemonade
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Soda van Jerk said:

Man, I haven't seen a penny floater in ages. Do they still make them? Mine was a 'Cup Champions' brand. It unsurprisingly ended up being floated up onto the roof of the school. RIP. 

Once witnessed a friend run up full pelt to kick a penny floater that was sitting in my garden. Turns out it was a well-disguised buoy. One of the heavy water-logged ones. Broke all but one of his toes.

Every time I see a penny floater I recall that memory and wince.

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, ca_gere said:

Once witnessed a friend run up full pelt to kick a penny floater that was sitting in my garden. Turns out it was a well-disguised buoy. One of the heavy water-logged ones. Broke all but one of his toes.

Every time I see a penny floater I recall that memory and wince.

a nice wee lesson in testing the waters. like that one time you* kicked a bunch of leaves only to find there was a dog shite hidden at the bottom.

*general you. meaning me and others as stupid and 'that-leave-pile-needs-kicked' obsessed as me.

3 hours ago, Jaaakkkeee said:

a nice wee lesson in testing the waters. like that one time you* kicked a bunch of leaves only to find there was a dog shite hidden at the bottom.

*general you. meaning me and others as stupid and 'that-leave-pile-needs-kicked' obsessed as me.

Witnessed a friend once pick up and squeeze a white dog turd to see what it was. Sure there must have been a better way to test it first. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...