aberdeen-music

Brazilian on golden square

JaseyBoi

So what's the deal with this place, is it a Tapas type affair where you order a little dish of loads of different things? A set menu...?

xx

Preety much as Lucky as pointed out. Go in, sit down. Salad bar in the middle of the restaurant which you just take your plate up to and help yourself (as tempting as it is, don't go nuts here people - you'll want to leave plenty of room for meat!). Sit back down and dudes in baggy trousers with huge slabs of meat go round the tables with their meat swords (haha), cutting slices off for all who want to partake. Each placing has a card next to it with one red side and one green side (flip it to the side you want depending on your carnivourous desire). Note that in my experiance the 'cheaper' (but still damn tasty) cuts of meat are normally offered to you first (chicken, sausage etc) in a clever ploy to fill you up before the sirloins and such like start doing the rounds (especially if you're in a large group) - you have been warned!

Never had a bad experiance there - highly recommend.

Although when I was there they generally ignored it when we turned the cards over and kept offering us meat which, stupidly, we accepted in an attempt to one-up each other with regards to eating as much as humanly possible.

I did similar in La Tasca recently. "You're ordering 6 tapas? Right I'm ordering 6 tapas. We are not leaving this table until everything is eaten". Spanish omelette was a mistake. Very filling.

I did similar in La Tasca recently. "You're ordering 6 tapas? Right I'm ordering 6 tapas. We are not leaving this table until everything is eaten". Spanish omelette was a mistake. Very filling.

Some of us ate things twice, like the second time the ribs came round. That's when I faltered. The post meal drinks at Under the Hammer were very quiet until we started making jokes whenever someone uncomfortably waddled off to the loo.

went here last night, can highly recommend it also.

As mentioned though, the waiters do generally just ignore your card being turned over to red, they still offer you meat.

I would steer clear of the pork sausage though, dear christ im still burping up garlicy goodness now. Epic meat pumps ahoy though which is always fun.

• 2 weeks later...